BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may only argue with my choices if you are old enough to remember when YFW came out. So much nostalgia with that record.

Seriously. Definitely one of my most listened to albums in high school.

My order is:

Your Favorite Weapon > Deja Entendu > Daisy > The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me

those first two albums just meant a hell of a lot to me, and when TDAG came out it just didn't go with where I was at at the time.

For me:

The Devil and God > YFW > Daisy > Deja

You may only argue with my choices if you are old enough to remember when YFW came out. So much nostalgia with that record.

i bought your favorite weapon when we went to go see old school in theatres and they wouldnt let me in cause i wasn't quiet old enough yet.

how daisy ranks that high in your list is mind boggling though.....album is total shit.

devil and god > your favorite weapon = deja > daisy

The first time I ever even heard of Brand New was when they toured with Face To Face and Moneen, pre-Deja.

I loved them at the show, so when I got home I downloaded a bunch of their songs and I was shocked at how different the album sounded than the way they did live. I remember Jesse practically screaming the entire set so when I heard the album versions, I was taken aback but I still really liked them. So I bought YFW and listened to it practically every day.

I actually HATED Deja Entendu when I first heard it. I thought nearly every single song was terrible and couldn't understand what happened to the band I had fallen in love with, but for some reason what kept me coming back were the lyrics. I thought (and still do) that Deja Entendu had some incredible lyrics, but for some reason I just couldn't get into the songs. But I stuck with it and slowly came around, and it became one of my top 10 albums of all time...

Until Devil & God came out. I think that Devil & God is better than Deja in every way except lyrically. I still listen to it on a regular basis, and their show at The Tivoli in Brisbane on that tour was insane. I have seen them 7 or 8 times, and they have never even come close to being as good as they were that night any of the other times. They played the whole album except Archers (i'm still a little bummed about that) and the songs from D&G sounds so much better live than any of their previous material.

I liked Daisy, but I think it is easily their worst record. I'd give it a 7/10, which is by no means bad, but when all of your other albums are "classics" (in my mind), you're bound to have one miss. I really like the musical direction they took with it, but I'd like to see Jesse back writing all the lyrics.

So yeah, I love this album.

For me:

Seriously? This record came out less than a decade ago. How young are some of you kids?

Also, the correct answer is:

D&G > Deja > YFW > Daisy

For me:

Seriously? This record came out less than a decade ago. How young are some of you kids?

D&G > Deja > YFW > Daisy

some kids here are still in high school, which puts them in elementary school when yfw came out.

depressing.

D&G > Deja > YFW > Daisy

some kids here are still in high school, which puts them in elementary school when yfw came out.

depressing.

This. You'd be surprised how upset some elitist Brand New fans get when you say you like YFW. Most of them weren't even into music when the record came out.