sideways expedits

i think the only acceptable expedit to have sideways is the 2 x 5. the small ones are the ones they show on their sides. Anything larger will fail if loaded up. My 5x5 is set up correctly and I still worry sometimes.

yeah i have 3 2X4 and the middle is on its side. doesnt seem like an issue. it is where i keep the reciever and table.

[image]

I lol'd.

At any rate, if you guys check the ikea website, it will tell you that the 2x4 can be placed on it's side. I imagine that any of those that can have this listed as a feature, and by exclusion, those that don't list it should not.

I was checking earlier to see if the one closest to me has the 4x4. It's only $99 now. I think I'll get the "walnut effect." I think that's what it's called. That'll add a touch of class.

I nailed a piece of masonite to the back of my 4x4 (set up with the long pieces going horizontally) to help hold the entire thing together. I recommend doing this on any size you may have.

Smart move. Plus that adds a back to help keep the records all even in the shelves.

I would do that with any size too. It's amazing how much strength that adds. I was getting ready to do that, but then I found out IKEA's shipping rates are outrageous and had to find a alternative.