i hate to do this but.....VC disappreciation :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, Titus. It's things like this that have caused VC to spiral into the toilet. I hope you get your records or a refund. Keep us all posted.

I think that's a little harsh. Every company has issues I think over all VC has/had pretty good customer service and is far from going down the toilet.

That being said I hope this works out for VinylJunkie

I think Virgil realized there was too much for him to handle, that's why he moved his shit to Interpunk. Everyone complained about orders beings screwed up by Vinyl Collective, but when Virgil found a solution where someone could handle all of his orders with ease, people complained more. The 23 screw ups guy has a valid argument, but everyone else chiming in with "yeah! fuckin' Virgil's scrrrreewwin' up" doesn't help much.

I think that's a little harsh. Every company has issues I think over all VC has/had pretty good customer service and is far from going down the toilet.

That being said I hope this works out for VinylJunkie

I don't think it's harsh at all. VC's customer service has gotten quite shitty and people took their business elsewhere after receiving notes that said "backordered" or getting the wrong record or getting stiffed entirely and never getting replies to emails. I stopped ordering after several mishaps (and I'm not some guy who ordered once and had a screw up, I spent hundreds, if not thousands in VC's store and had several incidents. I actually stopped emailing/complaining and just cut my losses).

That said, Virgil is a nice guy and the people who work for him are also nice people. It's not a personal attack on any of them. The customer service just got increasingly bad as Virgil and Co. had too many irons in the fire. Which is why Interpunk has taken the reins.

Someone needs to put the irons to whoever packed that package. Lessons need to be learned, and in our society right now they are not. What kind of idiot has 23 mistakes on one order? I've had a couple orders screwed up with VC, probaby 10% of them, but they were always made right pretty quickly. How can these people fuck up so many orders? Virg, did you hire special people for a tax break?

Someone needs to put the irons to whoever packed that package. Lessons need to be learned, and in our society right now they are not. What kind of idiot has 23 mistakes on one order? I've had a couple orders screwed up with VC, probaby 10% of them, but they were always made right pretty quickly. How can these people fuck up so many orders? Virg, did you hire special people for a tax break?

I'm guessing that since VC no longer does a distro that guy is out of a job regardless.

My order was rather large as well, so hearing that big orders were set aside makes this situation a little more bearable...

I don't understand why big orders get set aside, orders should be filled in the order that they are received (if all in stock), not by size.

Ideally that should be how it works under normal circumstances, but when they closed their store they were probably flooded with orders taking advantage of the good deals. In that circumstance it makes sense that instead of doing it in chronological order that they would do the smaller orders first to get them out of the way. That way you get a better percentage of packages out to customers, and have less orders to have to worry about.

Ideally that should be how it works under normal circumstances, but when they closed their store they were probably flooded with orders taking advantage of the good deals. In that circumstance it makes sense that instead of doing it in chronological order that they would do the smaller orders first to get them out of the way. That way you get a better percentage of packages out to customers, and have less orders to have to worry about.

That essentially penalizes the people who spent the most money.

I made quite a few orders for VC and i have gotten the wrong records, wrong colors, missing records, records i didn't order and warped. In just about every order something was wrong.

Now I do mail order for kiss of death and don't get me wrong I goof up too, but this is a one man operation here. I do all the mail. Bryon does other shit and so does Alex. I'm damn sure there isn't a customer who I fucked up his order every single time.

Yes, unfortunately that penalizes people who spend more. I get that, but I also get not wanting to be overwhelmed with orders. That's why I can see them going that route instead. Would I rather have them gone in chronological order? Yes, but by going the other route they may have been able to satisfy more customers... and unfortunately dissatisfy those who paid more.

Why I'm trying to defend them, I don't know... But when I finally do get my order, I'm sure I'll be more than happy.

yeah, its seems backwards, and i guess it IS wrong to do it that way, but i have been guilty of doing it on a couple occasions over the years. If ive been out of town, and get behind, then realize i ran out of mailer or something, and get really backed up and start getting questions about the whereabouts, i have packaged up a bunch of single record orders, cause that takes care of the majority, and then do the large orders as i have time over the next couple days. I definitely dont make a habit of that though, and agree its backwards in that it rewards the people who spend less money. But i get if that happens.

I also totally understand mistakes. I also run a decent sized mailorder, and i also have my share of mistakes, or a forgotten record, etc. im perpetually behind and dont get stuff out as fast as i would ideally like. So i totally understand a little wait, and a mistake or even a whole screwed up order. No ones perfect, things get messed up and theres no need to make a big deal over all that.

My complaint is just the weeks turning into months of no communication, without at least a 1 sentence email response to say "hey we havent forgot about you" or even "oops. we totally forgot about you". All of the problems are excusable if you are honest, up front, and communicative.

All of the minor problems just get exacerbated by continuing to ignore them.

Shit, I do the big orders FIRST. Someone sends me a huge order, I'm stoked on it, and I get it out the same day if possible. I'll even make a special PO trip.

That said, I usually get ALL orders out in a day or two tops, but every once in a while I'll let em sit over the weekend or something if I get busy.

This much time and that many errors are legit gripes though.

At this point we have a better chance of Sasquatch addressing this thread.................

unfortunately, that may be true. Apparently, not even making this thread and having it stay on the front page for a few days isnt getting any more of a response than straight emailing them. :(

well now i just got a package today from vc and opened it up and 1 of the records i ordered wasnt in there. there is no note in there or anything. i think i just want my money back. i agree. each time i order from vc it seems to get worse and worse. the new Look Mexico was holding up an entire order for me, and now the record i was lookin forward to the most is still not in there. fuck my balls