Pressing a record with a cover song and no permiss

How do you type with those paws wow, I bet your a brokencyde fan also. so just :-X

lol wut.

i wish any part of what you just said made sense so i could respond in a logical fashion.

Sorry I left my room still logged on with a bunch of friends in my room and came back to find this post. I think he was calling you a dog with bad taste in music. once again sorry. :-/

lol wut.

i wish any part of what you just said made sense so i could respond in a logical fashion.

Sorry I left my room still logged on with a bunch of friends in my room and came back to find this post. I think he was calling you a dog with bad taste in music. once again sorry. :-/

haha, it's alright. they seem to know me well!

lol wut.

don't be an ass.

Permission from the band is not the same as paying mechanical royalties, which are required by federal law. It's like 9.1 cents per copy per song. Really, just clear it through Harry Fox (if it's listed there - I had to contact the publishing company for Guns N Roses directly when I did that Hewhocorrupts/Fordirelifesake split cover 7") and you'll be fine.

United will absolutely not press anything that might even REMOTELY be copyrighted material.

However, you're not going to end up in jail or get sued for a "shitload" of money if you don't clear the song first. It's a mechanical royalty - a whopping 9 cents per song per copy. Even if you press 10,000 copies of something, you're still only paying $910 total in licensing. They might come after you, but I highly doubt it.

I put out a Black Cougar Shock Unit CDEP in 2003 with covers on it, including "King Tut" by the comedian Steve Martin. About 2 years after it came out, I had an email from Steve Martin's lawyer! I sat on it for a while, then sent him the proof of mechanical royalties I'd paid to the MCPS here in the UK when I got it pressed. It was hardly anything, like 50 UK pounds for 1,000 CD's or something. Anyway, this proved to me you should always do the right thing as you never know who is watching, has "Google Alerts" or whatever.

avatar. dog. ya'know. still, likely story that your "friends" made the post ;)

think what ever you want I have lame friends. I don't like being rude for no reason to someone that i don't even know so calm down.

yeah, i have friends like that too. Once i went to the restroom and one of my friends grabbed my phone and texted someone i knew and told her how i wanted to eat her ass out. I never found out which one of my friends actually did it either.

think what ever you want I have lame friends. I don't like being rude for no reason to someone that i don't even know so calm down.

yeah, i have friends like that too. Once i went to the restroom and one of my friends grabbed my phone and texted someone i knew and told her how i wanted to eat her ass out. I never found out which one of my friends actually did it either.

^^I could have lived without knowing this.