VC Fantasy Football sign up (year 2?)

zac

[image]

With the NFL preseason less than 3 weeks away, I think it's time to start getting one of these together again. Last year it was a lot of fun but we had a couple people stop updating their rosters and that made the whole thing less fun. I talked with Kyle (chap) about this the other day and he doesn't really post on here but I'm pretty sure he'd be down to be in it again. I'd like for everyone who was in it last year to be able to have first dibs. I know Brent, Scott, Matt, Dan and others were all in it last year but I'm not going to even try to name everyone else. A 16 team league might be too much but if everyone is open to it again then I'd be cool with it. Again the only real problem last year was a few people not keeping up with it and giving their opponents easy wins. If anyone is up for it again lets get it together and everyone from the league last year that wants to play again can vote on weather to do 16 again or keep it at 12. I'll create the league once I get a feel for how many people are up for it. Last year was my first year and I was super close to winning it all with the best record but I screwed up in the playoffs so I'm hoping to make it all the way this year.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I came in 3rd place in this league last year. I'm certainly down to play again this year!

At first I didn't like it being a 16 team league, but as the season went on I thought it worked out OK. I vote to keep it at 16.

Yeah I think you beat me, I was so mad I played Arrian Foster (who didn't even play that week) instead of Chris Chamlbers who got like 20 points that week and I lost by less than 10 haha.

Jake you were in it last year too weren't you? The winner, aka Matt aka Animal Style, got a bunch of free stuff from me and Kyle I'm pretty sure.

Again I'd be ok with 16 if we have that many wanting to do it. Our rundown was like this wasn't it:

QB

WR

WR

WR

RB

RB

TE

WR/RB

K

DEF

D Player

D Player

Awesome, I'll add everyone up tomorrow that says they want in. Troy (I'm assuming), you should be able to get in for sure if we just stick with the 16 team league again. A couple of dudes flaked out half way through the season last year. Everyone who wants to do it just needs to keep up with it for sure. Also the iphone app last year was such a life saver and made me so addicted to this.

If i may, i'd like to join for this years. it will be my first year doing so. my roommate encouraged me as he said it's a fun thing to do during football season. So hopefully they'll be a spot for me in the vc one. why not. im on here anyway, and it would give me a reason to talk smack (jk).

Most leagues are 10-12 people and usually have a 2 QB starting system but we had 16 last year and it worked ok. I'm cool either way. Obviously the less people we have in the better each team will be but 16 worked out pretty well last year and makes it way more competitive and you have to know what you are doing come draft time.

Last year was my first year and it got me addicted. I'll probably be doing about 4 total leagues this year I got pretty lucky with my draft and was super stoked to get Chris Johnson at like 9th overall in the draft and he helped me so much. He definitely won't be there that late this year haha. Troymess and controlthebleeding get first spots other than anyone from last year.

Zac,

Thanks dude...what do you need from me to get me in? Also, I had no idea there was an iPhone app for this which makes me even more excited. What's the app called?

We will be doing a Yahoo league so anyone involved will need to set up a yahoo email account (I think). The iphone app last year was just like Yahoo Fantasy Football 09 or something and it kept track of your team and how they matched up during the games happening and it was live scoring updates. It also has new videos every week on who did good and bad and what players you should pick up or play the coming week. It helped a ton.

1. Matt's Fat Aerobics

2. Patrick DwarfMilitia

3. Kurtz Steel Curtain

4. Zac

5. chap's band of EWOKS

6. danthemjfan23

7. San Diego Whale Vags

8. The Jake Problems

9. Deville

10. Michael Myers!

11. Diezel's Bastards

12. Cactusbot

13. Memphis666 Wasteoids

14. lastwordspoken

*15. Jerkpie!

*16.quincallahanlovesyou

That's the standings from last year. The 2 with the * beside them are the one's I'm pretty sure just quit halfway through because they only had 1 win all season long and had losing streaks of a ton in a row.

Scoring will be pretty standard, just google it. It's not hard to understand. We won't be doing a PPR (points per reception) or punt/kick return yard leagues.

I'm still waiting to hear back form everyone last year but right now for sure it's.

1.Me

2.Kyle (chap)

3. Brent (cactusbot)

4. Kurtz

5. Jake

6. Michael

7. Dan

8. Chuck Deizel

9. Scott

And everyone else after that will just be picked by who asked first. I still need to hear back from a few guys though and it looks like it will be 16 again just because of the amount that are interested. Not everyone will be able to get in more than likely, sorry. After I hear back from last year's guys it's first come, first serve.