GO OBAMA GO!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that this board has mostly avoided any deep political discussion, but I imagine with the presidential race in full swing, that's going to change.

I think the candidates this time around are only SLIGHTLY less odious than last time. And I only say that because Bush can't run again.

It is way too soon to be talking about this. I like Obama. If he wins the Democratic primary I will vote for him. If he doesn't win, I will probably vote democrat anyway, even though the thought of Hillary in office makes me cringe and I think Edwards is a phony. However, if McCain wins the Republican primary and Obama loses the Democratic primary, I will vote McCain.

It's funny you call him the next JFK; that's exactly how my mom describes her feelings about him. She says she hasn't been this excited about a presidential candidate since she was 11 when JFK was running. The positive aura Obama brings with him is incredible. If the election were tomorrow, he'd have my vote easily.

Guest baseball

Obama is selling his personality, and he's probably got a good shot considering politics is a popularity contest and the issues haven't meant squat in who knows how long

he's just another flip flopping politician with no conviction behind his positions

Guest abravemorning

I'm all for Obama, but I'm just scared of him turning out to be this election's Howard Dean: early favorite, popular with young/internet crowd, then popularity starts dive-bombing as the real election comes. However Dean finished 3rd in the Iowa Caucus, so hopefully Obama can keep his thunder going. Nothing more would restore my faith in this country than if he was elected president.

Oh, and fuck Mike Huckabee.

its not like clinton was far behind... 38, 29, 29 was the percentages for the top 3 democrats. she was behind edwards by a few hundredths of a percentage.

my girlfriend is a history teacher, really REALLY loved studying the 60's and the Kennedy Era and she said that things are in process like they were then for Obama. Really excited! He's all about change, which is not what clinton would be since it'd be one of the same two families in office since 1988, just alternating between clinton and bush. you realize that? 1987 was the last time someone not in those families was our president... 20 years.

Guest abravemorning
I thought Ron Paul was the guy that "the youth vote" was jumping on.

Yeah, if you're a pseudo-intellectual, former Republican. Ron Paul is crazy. He wants to completely eliminate every government agency, effectively weakening the Federal government, setting us back over 200 years. His selling point is that these the government is too big and unconstitutional, but its not as simple as that.

I thought Ron Paul was the guy that "the youth vote" was jumping on.

Yeah, if you're a pseudo-intellectual, former Republican. Ron Paul is crazy. He wants to completely eliminate every government agency, effectively weakening the Federal government, setting us back over 200 years. His selling point is that these the government is too big and unconstitutional, but its not as simple as that.

add to the fact that he will take money from anyone and everyone, including white power groups. thats awesome. sike.

Guest baseball

add to the fact that he will take money from anyone and everyone, including white power groups. thats awesome. sike.

uhh, except he's the only candidate that hasn't taken a penny from corporations

but keep worrying about $1000 from some wackjob white power group instead of hundreds of thousands from big business interests going to virtually every other candidate

Guest abravemorning

They sound about equally evil, but his ideologies are just whacked out.

Obama is the only one out of any of them that comes off as sincere. And if he isn't, then he's one of the most convincing liars I've ever seen.

It sucks being in California. The third largest state, with the largest population and we don't mean shit in the nomination process. By the time it primaries reach us it's already been determined by some asswipe in fucking Iowa (who may have entirely different values or concerns than I do) and all the candidates who didn't win the first couple of primaries have already dropped off.

This is why I'm a registered Green Party member. Even with our closed primary system it doesn't matter because that shit is already decided by the time the primary reaches here. I love living in the United States of Iowa.

It sucks being in California. The third largest state, with the largest population and we don't mean shit in the nomination process. By the time it primaries reach us it's already been determined by some asswipe in fucking Iowa (who may have entirely different values or concerns than I do) and all the candidates who didn't win the first couple of primaries have already dropped off.

This is why I'm a registered Green Party member. Even with our closed primary system it doesn't matter because that shit is already decided by the time the primary reaches here. I love living in the United States of Iowa.

Pennsylvania gets shafted that way too. Our primary vote isn't until April 22nd.

its not like clinton was far behind... 38, 29, 29 was the percentages for the top 3 democrats. she was behind edwards by a few hundredths of a percentage.

my girlfriend is a history teacher, really REALLY loved studying the 60's and the Kennedy Era and she said that things are in process like they were then for Obama. Really excited! He's all about change, which is not what clinton would be since it'd be one of the same two families in office since 1988, just alternating between clinton and bush. you realize that? 1987 was the last time someone not in those families was our president... 20 years.

Let's not ignore that Bush Senior was Vice President before that. So some member has been in the white house for 28 years. GuH!