Good Movies You've Seen Lately

Juno just looks, well, made already. i dunno. I would have expected that to be a Zach Braf movie

Adaptation is EXCELLENT. damn, Meryl Streep scares the shit out of me.

I have I Am Legend downloaded, just haven't watched it yet. i've heard some mixed reviews.

Zach Braff would have made it craptastic. Don't get me wrong, Scrubs is one of my favorite shows, but I really don't like his movies. He bugs me when he's being serious.

I'm with you on that one. I liked Garden State right up until the ending when it got all sappy and stupid. dumbass.

i most recommend japanese cult film like ichi the killers and the audition if you like cult film (or wanna know hwat is a cult film)....

;)

In a similar vein, check out "OldBoy" or any of the "Revenge Trilogy" (Sympathy for Mr. Vengenge, OldBoy & Sympathy for Lady Vengence) by Chan-Wook Park. They're all fantastic Korean cult type movies. I prefer them to Takashi Miike stuff, personally.

i fucking like oldboy,swank....

;)

Actually, speaking of Japanese movies, has anyone seen "Last Life in the Universe"? It has the same actor from Ichi and Miike is actually an actor in it as well. It's about a guy that wants to kill himself, but things keep coming up to prevent him from doing it. Its really good. Highly recommended.

hey monk0nuggets !

last life is a thai film !

the director named Pen-Ek is thai and a location where use for Noi and Nid's home is near my family place in Chonburi (70 kms from Bangkok).

i didn't like romantic/drama japanese or korean or chinese film too much but 'Rainbow Songs' (still playing in thailand),'Hana and Alice' and 'All about Lilly Cho Cho' are my favourite.

over collecting vinyl,i think we have a similar taste on film....

;)

Actually, speaking of Japanese movies, has anyone seen "Last Life in the Universe"? It has the same actor from Ichi and Miike is actually an actor in it as well. It's about a guy that wants to kill himself, but things keep coming up to prevent him from doing it. Its really good. Highly recommended.

hey monk0nuggets !

last life is a thai film !

I didn't know! It's a great film either way!

I just saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang through Netflix -- no idea who recommended it to me, as I knew nothing about it beforehand and had no recollection of even adding it to my queue, but it was really great comedy/mystery with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer (the latter playing a gay private investigator). Highly recommended!

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a solid flick.

Yesterday my lady and I went to see "The Kite Runner" -- fantastic film. It's a foreign flick, kind of, it jumps from English to Middle Eastern a bunch so if you hate subtitles pass on it. I'd butcher a summary, so look it up on imdb, but def. see this flick.

Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)

It's a French film about Christmas of 1914 in the trenches of Scottish, French, and German soldiers during WWI. I bought it kind of on a whim... I saw it used at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and considered it, but went home without it and decided I'd track it down. It's fantastically done.. everyone speaks their own language (Germans speak German, French speak French, etc.) with subtitles and it's a true story.