your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

I have had a ton of great experiences with RFC, I've gotten every order and have been sent a replacement jacket for USPS jacking it up with no problem.

Still, waiting for an email response for about 5 weeks now, sucks balls. Especially seeing you guys shit your pants in these threads and get a response.

I have had a ton of great experiences with RFC, I've gotten every order and have been sent a replacement jacket for USPS jacking it up with no problem.

Still, waiting for an email response for about 5 weeks now, sucks balls. Especially seeing you guys shit your pants in these threads and get a response.

Sorry sorry sorry what is your name?

I've ordered from RFC 5 times or so and have had positive experiences. The one minor issue I had was addressed in a day by Jeff, but sure I'd be annoyed too if I had some of these longer delays like some people are mentioning.

But you have to give the guy credit for being honest about their shortcomings and detailing his efforts to improve them; he's not hiding from them. You can't hold them to the same standard as a major corporation like hot topic or even a larger indie label, it's not really fair or realistic yet. They got incredibly more popular over the last few years and he seems to be taking all the necessary steps to make the mail order more efficient.

Dude seems to do right by his artists and they always praise respect for him so something must be working. As far as consistently solid releases RFC is like this generation's Drive Thru in the glory days, and keeping that afloat in 2013 seems pretty hard to fathom. When he starts charging $20 for single LPs and releasing gold records we can all complain but this seems like a formula that's working. 

Dude, you have placed 12 orders with us and we've never done you wrong. I don't get why you would keep posting this. We have never not sent you something you ordered.

I had to dig a black and gold copy of the citizen 7" up and it took a day and a half longer than I thought it would. I am sending you my only personal copy because it was under run. You will have tracking in a few minutes.

Yes, And i will continue to order and support your label in the future, ive never said you have. I don't see how I am in the wrong here in this situation at all. I placed the order in October for all 4 colours, they start shipping in november, and now it's january and I still had heard nothing, so I politely posted in this topic asking what was the deal. On January 11 you said they would go out next day. January 14, 4 days later, I still had heard nothing so I posted again... And you said.. Again.. It will go out next day...AGAIN, nothing. So I posted that last reply, in last ditch frustration.

I'm not sure how it's my fault that you have to send me 2 personal copies of something I ordered well over 4 months ago, not to mention the day the PO went up, so you can't hang that over my head like I've done something wrong. No offense at all, because like I said, I do support and love your label, but that should take some better management on your end to prevent shit like that.

I hope that a situation like this never happens again with any of my orders in the future, including my pending one, and I appreciate the confirmation I finally have on an order that well exceeds $200, and I hope you understand my frustration in this whole scenario. Thank you Jeff.

I've ordered from RFC 5 times or so and have had positive experiences. The one minor issue I had was addressed in a day by Jeff, but sure I'd be annoyed too if I had some of these longer delays like some people are mentioning.

But you have to give the guy credit for being honest about their shortcomings and detailing his efforts to improve them; he's not hiding from them. You can't hold them to the same standard as a major corporation like hot topic or even a larger indie label, it's not really fair or realistic yet. They got incredibly more popular over the last few years and he seems to be taking all the necessary steps to make the mail order more efficient.

Dude seems to do right by his artists and they always praise respect for him so something must be working. As far as consistently solid releases RFC is like this generation's Drive Thru in the glory days, and keeping that afloat in 2013 seems pretty hard to fathom. When he starts charging $20 for single LPs and releasing gold records we can all complain but this seems like a formula that's working. 

Hey thank you! That is nice of you to point out. I don't mean this in a bragging way, because in the end it really is more stressful than anything, but things are moving incredibly fast for us currently and adapting can be hard. In all honesty I would prefer things to be comfortable and completely manageable for a short period of time than constantly trying to adapt to our company growing and having to hire and train new people. We moved into a new office building Nov 1, which is about 4 times bigger than where we were before. Maybe even bigger than that, and we already had a meeting with the building manager and saw other units in the building because we're anticipating moving again already :(. All of this and we only put out three lps in 2012. 

I agree with a lot of this. Every effort is made to insure customers are satisfied, including a video and posting here to solve issues first hand. 

The emails though, I stand by my comment. It sucks waiting 4+ weeks for a response. From any person or business.

Hey thank you! That is nice of you to point out. I don't mean this in a bragging way, because in the end it really is more stressful than anything, but things are moving incredibly fast for us currently and adapting can be hard. In all honesty I would prefer things to be comfortable and completely manageable for a short period of time than constantly trying to adapt to our company growing and having to hire and train new people. We moved into a new office building Nov 1, which is about 4 times bigger than where we were before. Maybe even bigger than that, and we already had a meeting with the building manager and saw other units in the building because we're anticipating moving again already :(. All of this and we only put out three lps in 2012. 

Sure, now please get an avatar. 

I agree with a lot of this. Every effort is made to insure customers are satisfied, including a video and posting here to solve issues first hand. 

The emails though, I stand by my comment. It sucks waiting 4+ weeks for a response. From any person or business.

Totally, you'll see a big difference soon. It's 100% impossible for me to keep up with no matter what I do. I thought for a while I just needed to figure out a system and it would figure itself out, but its just too much for one person, let alone someone who's job involves many other things.

Just emailed you back though. 

Dude, you have placed 12 orders with us and we've never done you wrong. I don't get why you would keep posting this. We have never not sent you something you ordered.

I had to dig a black and gold copy of the citizen 7" up and it took a day and a half longer than I thought it would. I am sending you my only personal copy because it was under run. You will have tracking in a few minutes. 

Yes, And i will continue to order and support your label in the future, ive never said you have. I don't see how I am in the wrong here in this situation at all. I placed the order in October for all 4 colours, they start shipping in november, and now it's january and I still had heard nothing, so I politely posted in this topic asking what was the deal. On January 11 you said they would go out next day. January 14, 4 days later, I still had heard nothing so I posted again... And you said.. Again.. It will go out next day...AGAIN, nothing. So I posted that last reply, in last ditch frustration.

I'm not sure how it's my fault that you have to send me 2 personal copies of something I ordered well over 4 months ago, not to mention the day the PO went up, so you can't hang that over my head like I've done something wrong. No offense at all, because like I said, I do support and love your label, but that should take some better management on your end to prevent shit like that.

I hope that a situation like this never happens again with any of my orders in the future, including my pending one, and I appreciate the confirmation I finally have on an order that well exceeds $200, and I hope you understand my frustration in this whole scenario. Thank you Jeff.

Your money was refunded in Sept because you filed a paypal claim a week after ordering...

Jeff, you took the Money TWICE from me and you refunded only one of the two payments, And we already discussed that issue back then! You asked me if i wanna keep my order intact and i said yes. Come one, do you read your mails?

Jeff, you took the Money TWICE from me and you refunded only one of the two payments, And we already discussed that issue back then! You asked me if i wanna keep my order intact and i said yes. Come one, do you read your mails?

Yep, I do. I only read the last email from you, sorry for making the mistake,  but surely you understand that its impossible to remember every single email situation. I will fix this now. 

I've ordered from RFC 24 times over the past 3 years. There's been warpings, and color mixups, and even been sent the wrong item, and Jeff has always made good with everything. Favorite label. I just hope he can keep up with the popularity growth, and that it doesn't get so overwhelming that he doesn't enjoy doing it anymore. 

I had one issue with Run For Cover, regarding a Basement pre-order that was never fulfilled, and I had to e-mail him three or four times to get it resolved.  In the end, he did right by me, so I can't really complain, because that's really all that matters.  You pay money, you get your product. 

When you're actually deep in the frustration of an issue you're dealing with, it's a lot easier to say "ahhh fuck (insert label here), they suck".  Rationally, I know I forget sometimes that some of the labels I buy from are run by one or two people.  My biggest gripe is lack of communication, though.  You could delay a release for months, but as long as I'm kept in the loop, sent an e-mail, something along those lines, I don't lose my mind.

But, Jeff, love what you do, man.  Always will support.

if i may interject...

among a lot of the silliness that ensues on this board, this thread shows a lot of productivity on both the label and consumer ends.  despite some of the less-than-professional complaining, jeff is taking the feedback in stride, and responding with plans for growth.  consumers shouldn't take this for granted.  jeff's communication has come a long way since the earlier days of the label (this label has grown immensely over the past 18-24 months), and having label people take time out of their work day to deal with a forum is awesome.  tre and jake deathwish, the topshelf guys, chuck from tiny engines, as well as other guys from other labels really make an effort to appeal to this community, in particular.  keep the productivity up.  it's a good way for labels to grow with their market, and a good way for consumers to learn humility and patience.