Against Me! cancel all remaining tour dates

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what would be great....if they announce that they are going on a full us tour with bruce springsteen or some other mega huge band.

that would be horrible... Springsteen tickets are like $300 around here

also Springsteen:

a) doesn't have opening bands because he plays for at minimum 2.5 hours

B) wouldn't bring an opener that is only aping his musical style (well... currently), no matter how much his kids like them

that would be horrible... Springsteen tickets are like $300 around here

also Springsteen:

B) wouldn't bring an opener that is only aping his musical style (well... currently), no matter how much his kids like them

c) Springsteen would blow them off the stage. I saw him twice last year and both times were incredible. At one of the shows he played Born to Run in full and seeing him play "Backstreets" live was one of the greatest things I'll ever see.

also Springsteen:

c) Springsteen would blow them off the stage. I saw him twice last year and both times were incredible. At one of the shows he played Born to Run in full and seeing him play "Backstreets" live was one of the greatest things I'll ever see.

well that part was a given David ;)

They realized that they suck now that Warren is gone and that White Crosses is thier all time worst album and they decided not to tour and subject people to the mediocrity of it so they can spend some time taking stock in things and learn how to not suck again (aka get Warren back).

White Crosses is way better than New Wave.

it's like the argument of the new misfits records vs old misfits, it's not worth arguing because some people can't see past the names...even though the first two proper albums released by the new misfits are fantastic start to finish.

also the Strife "Angermeans" record: Had that come out as originally planned by "Angermeans"(the band) it would have been a decent metal hardcore record, sure you'd judge it as being a band featuring ex members of Strife, but you wouldn't judge it vs. Strife records...

there's tons of examples...

Guest errolwest

Probably but they weren't released by any other band. They were released by Against Me.

This is literally one of the dumbest musical justifications I've ever heard.

I totally disagree. For the most part, it seems people expect more of against me! Mostly because they are capable of making good albums. If this was a debut album from some other band it would have been at the very least enjoyable. But against me put it out, not any other band.

This is literally one of the dumbest musical justifications I've ever heard.

I totally disagree. For the most part, it seems people expect more of against me! Mostly because they are capable of making good albums. If this was a debut album from some other band it would have been at the very least enjoyable. But against me put it out, not any other band.

it's a lose-lose. when a band changes it's sound, everyone gets bummed. when a band doesn't ever change, everyone just kind of stops listening to them.

it's a lose-lose. when a band changes it's sound, everyone gets bummed. when a band doesn't ever change, everyone just kind of stops listening to them.

This isn't really true. Look how popular bands like Nofx or Bad Religion are 10+ albums in without really changing.

This isn't really true. Look how popular bands like Nofx or Bad Religion are 10+ albums in without really changing.

also why nofx and bad religion are boring bands