Against Me! cancel all remaining tour dates

the new against me album is good, but nothing spectacular. the new wave album is the same. sure they have catchy tunes, but so do a bunch of "hall and oates" albums. doesn't necessarily make them good albums. But i'm sure they'll have a decent "greatest hits" lp next year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':gs25zoer]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':gs25zoer]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

This is literally one of the dumbest musical justifications I've ever heard.

I totally disagree. For the most part, it seems people expect more of against me! Mostly because they are capable of making good albums. If this was a debut album from some other band it would have been at the very least enjoyable. But against me put it out, not any other band.

If they were debut albums they'd be all people talked about.

it's a lose-lose. when a band changes it's sound, everyone gets bummed. when a band doesn't ever change, everyone just kind of stops listening to them.

This isn't really true. Look how popular bands like Nofx or Bad Religion are 10+ albums in without really changing.

yea...they also never expand their fan base. it's the same people, listening to the same stuff. nothing ever changes for these dudes. bad religion DID kind of change it up a bit, now that i think about it. remember how everyone hated "new america"?

White Crosses is a good album. New Wave is a good album. Most of this board would like both if they were released by any other band.

Truth. you can't argue with how killer that last song on new wave is.

Also white crosses is fucking awesome. such a catchy record.

I didn't get White Crosses and still haven't listened to it due to the songs I heard live on tour and only really liking I Was A Teenage Anarchist, who knows if I listened to it now maybe I would like it. As for New Wave, I thought that was a good album. Also the last song on their, The Ocean, is a great song and always reminded me of Turn Those Clapping Hands....

This isn't really true. Look how popular bands like Nofx or Bad Religion are 10+ albums in without really changing.

yea...they also never expand their fan base. it's the same people, listening to the same stuff. nothing ever changes for these dudes. bad religion DID kind of change it up a bit, now that i think about it. remember how everyone hated "new america"?

how do you expand a fanbase that's already as huge as theirs. who are they suppose to expand their fanbase too? They are already as big as they want to get.

bad religion: hahahaha. shitty band. they did change it up a bit.. it was in the 80's and failed miserably. Listen to "into the unknown" for a load of laughs. so they went back to rehashing the same ol' sound they've been pushing out over and over again. granted they do do their own thing, but like kurtz said, it's been 10+ years. Too bad they haven't done anything particularly interesting since "no control". just my opionion, and im full of crap most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...