Official Secret Santa 2010 (updated 1/04)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my SS package today. It contained:

* Good Riddance - Capricorn One: Singles and Rarities LP

* Peter Pan Players and Orchestra - Little Brave Sambo story 7"

* Farmer Tom/The Tale of Peter Rabbit talking story 7"

* Mortal Kombat for the Sega Game Gear 8-)

* The Aggrolites and North Farewell stickers

* This shirt from the movie The Hangover:

[image]

The mailer was covered in New Moon tape, which led me to believe my SS works or has worked at Hot Topic (the shirt kinda confirmed it as well, but I am not sure if they have them at HT).

I then noticed that there was a return address on the inside of the mailer that was addressed to Paper Monsters. Unless that was meant to throw me off course, I am going to guess bug parade is the culprit.

Either way, thanks a bunch for the rad stuff! Now I just have to get my hands on a Game Gear so I can go Sub-Zero on some bitches.

DAMN IT. I didn't even think about the inside of the mailer having my bands name. Haha. Good guess.

I went through your tradelist and you had a ton of nofx and some bouncing souls. I had my eye on a Souls record at the local store but it was gone when I went there so I was hoping Good Riddance would be a good substitute.

DAMN IT. I didn't even think about the inside of the mailer having my bands name. Haha. Good guess.

I went through your tradelist and you had a ton of nofx and some bouncing souls. I had my eye on a Souls record at the local store but it was gone when I went there so I was hoping Good Riddance would be a good substitute.

Haha, I thought it was a clever ploy to throw me off the trail, but the New Moon tape and the Hangover shirt made me think HT, the band name was the deal sealer though lol.

I am down with GR, I used to jam Operation Phoenix and Ballads From the Revolution a ton back in the post-high school days...I need to pick those up from Fat sometime.

I was also stoked with being able to get all of that into a mailer.

Right on. Good thing they didn't inspect it, as I don't think the shirt falls under the media category. +1 when I can for sneaking one by the USPS.

Mine will be shipping out in a week - two weeks. I didn't want to have to order it online but I couldnt find what i wanted locally. As soon as everything else gets delivered it will go out. If there is a delay for some reason I will ship what I have with a letter explaining when the rest will come.

So if you get a note. It's probably me haha.

I know this was extended, what is the new date these have to be out by? I was gonna go to the record store on Tuesday.
I think we only set the bar so early because we had so many flakes the first time around that people were angry, shit's settled a lot since then, I'll talk to mike and we'll figure something out and post it in the next day or two.

i got the last part of my SS's gift today, so i should be sending it out sometime this week!

Haha me too! I thought my recipient would be easier to search for, but damn it took some thought! The person receiving mine will be probably confused and excited at the same time. If only they could take a picture of their face as they open it so I could see proof of my assumption.

so stoked on shopping for mine tomorrow :) i also think it'd be a good idea if ppl didn't try to figure theirs out yet and reveal it here. it narrows down the field a lot for those who haven't received/sent their gifts. maybe we could all wait until a certain date before we start decoding?

Guest errolwest
so stoked on shopping for mine tomorrow :) i also think it'd be a good idea if ppl didn't try to figure theirs out yet and reveal it here. it narrows down the field a lot for those who haven't received/sent their gifts. maybe we could all wait until a certain date before we start decoding?

i back this idea.

i back this idea.

start decoding, but dont post about it till after a certain point.

im afraid mine will be pretty obvious though.