Official Secret Santa 2010 (updated 1/04)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i already got my gift for whoever i get...and it kicks ass.

I'm so excited about the gift that I got...I hope whoever receives it will know what to do with him...

Yes it's Mike Tyson! And he wasn't easy to get! I'm missing an earlobe, my bank account is definitely in the low thousands now, and I've been drenched in saliva since he's not able to correctly speak.

I hope someone can really take care of him!

Ok, I got my secret Santa. Everyone should post a little bit about themselves for people (like me) who don't know the person they got. I know it's still possible to get someone you don't know something awesome, but I think it still can help to know theyre personal taste!

i was just going to post this, but yeah, what antoine said.

I love most genre of music (Ska/Reggae, Punk/Hardcore, Indie, alt-country, a little bit of rap...)

My favorite bands are Hepcat, Drag the River and Good Riddance.

The thing I love more than music are comic books! I have a pretty big collection (around 4000 books), and maybe 200 busts/figurines/toys (mostly Marvel).

I also love sports (Soccer and the Ottawa Senators!)

I love to read

Vegetarian

Thats about it!

Like Marc I'm a big fan of late 80's/early 90's bay area punk rock. I am also a big 80's metal fan (metal church/metallica/slayer/dark angel/bathory/venom/mercyful fate(cough melissa cough) and 90's crustcore punk and powerviolence. Elvis Costello and the Replacements are the only bands i am actively seeking every release. So you might want to not try getting any releases by them since i purchase EC and Replacements stuff pretty often. other memorabilia is fine.

i like watching documentaries and comedies and own over 500 movies (dwindled from 1000). I don't have enough music related DVD releases.

I don't do much else except work and play my guitar. I'm pretty boring.

my dude will be BEYOND Stoked. Makes me want 2 people to send out to. I have too many ideas

I'm always a fan of goofy gifts. I play music most of my time so strings (ernie ball light electric and elixir acoustic) and other random crap is always cool! I have a girlfriend who is an radiologist/x-ray technologist so creepy weird bone stuff always makes her day. We love DVDs too. Horror or comedy mostly. Favorite bands should be fairly obvious, but chances are i probably have everything collection wise, always up for new music though! shirts and junk are always cool! Love Derek Hess Shirts, and Demon Hunter shirts for some reason. If by chance someone in Cincinnati gets me, throw me some Gold Star stuff!

Like Marc and Mike i'm a big fan of 70s/ 80's/early 90's bay area/so-cal/dc/nyc/etc punk rock/hardcore (and punk rock in general). I am also a fan of 50s/60s pop/soul/doo-wop, 80's metal, 90's crustcore punk and powerviolence...etc. I am also big into jazz/funk/world/fusion music, psych-(insert genre here) stuff is always on my playlists as well, not to mention doom/sludge metal, indie-whatever, noise, blah blah blah. Basically I like anything for the most part...within reason I guess.

The Vindictives, Cult Ritual, and The Underground Railroad To Candyland are the only bands i am actively seeking every release for.

I dont have enough music related dvd releases.

Plus I enjoy skate(board) culture and the sport in general, both from a riding perspective and from a physics perspective. Speaking of physics, I enjoy math and science as well...I kind of have to as an electrical engineering student, but I really just find the stuff fascinating, and surprisingly simple...sometimes.

I don't do much else except go to school and play my bass/gig a few times a month. I'm pretty boring too.

Big fan of anything No Idea puts out, really. Favorite bands being I Hate Myself, Combat Wounded Veteran, Army of Ponch, and recently Shores. Also really dig on a lot of alt-country-ish stuff (Lucero, etc.)

I like drinking - beer and whiskey! So you can send me a bottle of something! Haha.

Don't really play any instruments anymore. I dig movies! Have a crapload, but very few blu-rays. Quentin Tarantino is the man. I also really dig reading, and need some new books!

music wise, my favorite bands are have heart, mewithoutyou, third eye blind, and ryan adams. i dig most bands on b9, run for cover, mylene sheath, and deathwish.

i do photography semi-professionally, i love love love zombie stuff (but have a lot of zombie movies already, except for foreign ones!), and i love pit bulls/most dogs. i dig stuff from ikea, typography stuff, books, straight edge stuff, prints, drawing, painting, (anything art themed) and penn state football!

just be creative; i'm easy to please! :]

I love shirts!!! seriously. if you get me for ss and you have an old shirt with a vagina band or something cute and random on it i'll probably dig it. currently my favorite jamz are brand new, owen, the bronx, etid, four year strong, twdy...i know that's a weird mash up but it should kinda give you an idea. really i just love random yet useful things. my favorite shows (relatively consistently) are athf, always sunny, dexter, and trailer park boys but i'd feel like a dick if you spent all that money on dvds seeing as i have them all already downloaded illegally but that's my sense of humor. i love internet memes to an unhealthy level. pumpkin pie flavored anything rocks my world.

and i already have a dick towel :)

i'm getting so antsy to see who i'll get!!!

edit: oh! and i've really been wanting to get into some good hip hop so if that's your tip then by all means share a mixed cd or two with me and i'd be beyond stoked!!

Guest scottyf

Recently I've been really into stuff like Four Year Strong, Rise Against, Set Your Goals, A Day to Remember, Make Do and Mend, Andrew Jackson Jihad, The Scene Aesthetic, I am the Avalanche, Silverstein, and La Dispute. My haves and wants lists have a lot more stuff I like. I pretty much listen to anything.

I'm a straight-edge vegetarian. I have my ears pierced and stretched to a 00. I've gotten more into poetry because of Austin Kleon's Newspaper Blackout Poems. I like comedy stuff like Stephen Colbert, Conan O'Brien, and Napoleon Dynamite.