AAR LP, MANSON LP, MADE OUT OF BABIES LP, GHASTLY

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niku - it's on mixy marbly vinyl.

deafmx - It's a dense listen. Once he gets going, he gets going. Recorded in his cell. Acoustic guitar and voice. A couple spoken word tracks. We've gotten some outright refusals for reviews because a lot of writers apparently still suck their thumbs as adults. But you can preview a track here:

http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl138/

(bottom)

Thanks.

I'd review it, just didn't get a copy.

just got Young Mountain and the Charles Manson record. Spinning the Manson record now, im digging it. Its crazy to think who the person is singing, and the atmosphere that this was recorded, in just a prison cell. It has a rough, but not bad, sound to it. I like it a lot.

and not to be a cunt, but is there pressing info for both of these? i just need it to update my list. thanks

Niku - it's on mixy marbly vinyl.

deafmx - It's a dense listen. Once he gets going, he gets going. Recorded in his cell. Acoustic guitar and voice. A couple spoken word tracks. We've gotten some outright refusals for reviews because a lot of writers apparently still suck their thumbs as adults. But you can preview a track here:

http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl138/

(bottom)

Thanks.

Funnily enough, I got three copies, none of which I've bothered to listen to.

it says Fall 2010 on magic bullets site, so im guessing within the next 2 months?

• AIR CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Summer 2010 (August 10, 2010)

• TREES CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Fall 2010

• WATER CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Winter 2011

• ANIMALS CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Spring 2011

im guessing its a mistake and its supposed to say winter 2010 and not 2011 for WATER? i sure hope so, i dont want to wait that long!

scott: shut the fuck up. we get it. you don't like him. to the point where you can't listen to an album he put out. even though i think you get payed to do that.

you act like a child. this is coming from someone who is 10 years younger than you. grow up.

it says Fall 2010 on magic bullets site, so im guessing within the next 2 months?

• AIR CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Summer 2010 (August 10, 2010)

• TREES CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Fall 2010

• WATER CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Winter 2011

• ANIMALS CD/LP/Cass/Digital : Spring 2011

im guessing its a mistake and its supposed to say winter 2010 and not 2011 for WATER? i sure hope so, i dont want to wait that long!

Winter 2011 would include Jan-Mar of 2011.

scott: shut the fuck up. we get it. you don't like him. to the point where you can't listen to an album he put out. even though i think you get payed to do that.

you act like a child. this is coming from someone who is 10 years younger than you. grow up.

Maybe Magic Bullet didn't buy a big enough ad to pay for a review?

I quit wasting my time ever sending AP stuff for review, they were the only magazine I submitted to that didn't review the Spears record, even Outburn, Metal Hammer, Decibel, Revolver etc reviewed it. Never got less than a stellar review. AP wouldn't even give it a chance.

I can understand a magazine as big, and as corporately tied as AP not reviewing a lot of independent releases, but the extent to which they ignore anything related to independent or underground releases is astonishing.