P.O. smoke or fire and screeching weasel

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope it's opaque. there was a time when i thought clear red was rad, but now that i own about 300 on that color, i like opaque much more.

Is it me, or is opaque red rarely done? I had a WASP-Fuck like a beast 12" back when I was a kid that was solid opaque red, but I don't own one now, nor can I think of one off the top of my head.

i hope it's opaque. there was a time when i thought clear red was rad, but now that i own about 300 on that color, i like opaque much more.

Is it me, or is opaque red rarely done? I had a WASP-Fuck like a beast 12" back when I was a kid that was solid opaque red, but I don't own one now, nor can I think of one off the top of my head.

it's practically never done. every time i order "red" vinyl, it comes in clear red. the only vinyl that i have that's on opaque red is the new fake problems.

i'm trying to think and the only opaque red i can think of is the Unlovables Heartsicle album, they used pirates press but i didn't get a red one, i got blue

i'm trying to think and the only opaque red i can think of is the Unlovables Heartsicle album, they used pirates press but i didn't get a red one, i got blue

alkaline trio's 'this addiction' was on opaque red, right? I'm too lazy to check my copy, but I feel like it was...

me first - cash 7"

half of the good riddance live in memory LP, though I think it's kind of on the fence of clear and opaque

polar bear club - the redder the better

few I could think of off the top of my head

but that's funny that it's brought up and it's pretty damn true, not much opaque red

Opaque = not transparent or translucent: impervious to light, so that images cannot be seen through it

material through which light cannot pass

Opaque also means

2) not transmitting radiation, sound, heat, etc.

3) not shining or bright; dark; dull.

4) hard to understand; not clear or lucid; obscure

5) dull, stupid, or unintelligent.

maybe (2) and (4) are why labels seem to stay away from opaque red vinyl? in either case, that's (5)

Opaque = not transparent or translucent: impervious to light, so that images cannot be seen through it

material through which light cannot pass

Opaque also means

2) not transmitting radiation, sound, heat, etc.

3) not shining or bright; dark; dull.

4) hard to understand; not clear or lucid; obscure

5) dull, stupid, or unintelligent.

maybe (2) and (4) are why labels seem to stay away from opaque red vinyl? in either case, that's (5)

Not all of those definitions apply to the use of the term as to describe vinyl.

And even if they were, why only red opaque vinyl? Taking those definitions literally, any opaque vinyl would be prone to such issues.

I'd imagine any label staying away from opaque red vinyl is doing so out of personal preference. (I personally have a good number of opaque red records, for what it's worth)