TDKR- The Dark Knight Rises

TFP

I think the tagline "The Legend Ends ..... The Dark Knight Rises" pertains to the legend of Batman itself. In the new movie 8 years has passed and Batman has been on the lam for the crimes of Harvey/Two-Face and in this movie Batman will rise and be vindicated and he will hang up the mantle of the Batman by saving Gotham from Bane.

Also, it is pretty cool what the WB is doing with operationearlybird.com where you can register to see the 6 minute prologue for free this Dec. 13. But unfortunately it is only in the 70mm IMax and that is how it will be for the Mission:Impossible viewing of the prologue too.

i smell some back breakage.

I'm so excited for this movie. I can't hardly stand it...

I think they're going to kill off Bruce Wayne and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to take over as the new Batman.

since he was cast i always assumed he'd wind up as a robin or nightwing, but i've never heard of the policeman charter he's playing, so i don't know that characters history in the series (if there is one). his policeman character might have been made up for this trilogy, meaning anything could happen.

His character is an original and from what various folks closer to Nolan have been hinting at is that he will be playing a role similar to Nightwing's sans costume which makes sense as Dick is a police officer in Bludhaven throughout the course of the comics. Nolan has repeatedly stated that this trilogy will not have any of the side kicks of the extended Batman family so having Levitt playing a character that acts as a 'side kick' in plain clothes while basically being an inside to the police department due to Gordon being immobilized by Bane or some other reason (retirement, etc) would make for a good stand in with Nolan's more 'real world' take of the character.

His character is an original and from what various folks closer to Nolan have been hinting at is that he will be playing a role similar to Nightwing's sans costume which makes sense as Dick is a police officer in Bludhaven throughout the course of the comics. Nolan has repeatedly stated that this trilogy will not have any of the side kicks of the extended Batman family so having Levitt playing a character that acts as a 'side kick' in plain clothes while basically being an inside to the police department due to Gordon being immobilized by Bane or some other reason (retirement, etc) would make for a good stand in with Nolan's more 'real world' take of the character.

I might be in the minority but I'd rather see Nightwing full costume. That's way cooler than some dude in a police uniform.

I agree to a certain extent because I love the entire Batman family dynamic (particularly when Cassandra Cain was Batgirl and to an extent, I've warmed to Damian as Robin over the last couple of years) but the additional costumes fix will be supplied by Catwoman who according to most closer sources is looking to be more of a vigilante in the Batman mold ala the last 20 years of her character's history as opposed to the straight rogues gallery member she was prior to the 80's.

John Blake (JGL's character in TDKR) has had an appearance in older batman comics. he was a kid, and the joker stole his report card after he had gotten straight A's. (seriously)

[image]

Much like Liam Neeson was credited as Henri Ducard instead of Ra's in Batman Begins, I think we could see JGL playing a Dick Grayson character using John Blake as an alias. In certain storylines, Dick did use aliases and worked as a cop...

Henri Ducard actually existed as a character in the comics as well though not as Ra's Al Ghul (Miranda Tate, another character appearing in TDK has been tagged as an alias for Talia pretty much since her casting). He was basically a sleazy assassin who taught Bruce about covert tactics and whatnot when he was training prior to taking up his mantle. I agree with the John Blake as alias thing and very much believe he could be Dick Grayson. We still won't see the costume though.

Henri Ducard actually existed as a character in the comics as well

oh i know. it was clever how he put traits of the comics' ducard into liam neeson's ra's. the 0.02% of movie goers who knew who henri ducard was and didn't know how the movie would go, may have been surprised. maybe he's trying to pull a big surprise out of his hat this time. i highly doubt john blake is going to have his report card stolen. though it would be really funny to have a flash back scene with a little tom hardy stealing a little joseph gordon levitt's report card.

but i really think this john blake character is going to be pretty huge. i know there is talk about nightwing or new batman (batman beyond type character), but it would kind of piss me off if they just skip through the whole dick grayson/robin timeline. i'm totally fine with nolan not doing robin at all, but to totally skip over it and have a guy take over for batman or have nightwing already would really annoy a lot of people. but i'm not worried about that happening.

but i think even more likely, miranda tate (played by marion cotillard) will end up being talia al ghul (ra's' daughter). she'd be the perfect 'other woman' for Bruce and Selina's story, post rachael.

John Blake (JGL's character in TDKR) has had an appearance in older batman comics. he was a kid, and the joker stole his report card after he had gotten straight A's. (seriously)

[image]

Much like Liam Neeson was credited as Henri Ducard instead of Ra's in Batman Begins, I think we could see JGL playing a Dick Grayson character using John Blake as an alias. In certain storylines, Dick did use aliases and worked as a cop...

Wow, Joker is a dick!

Henri Ducard actually existed as a character in the comics as well

oh i know. it was clever how he put traits of the comics' ducard into liam neeson's ra's. the 0.02% of movie goers who knew who henri ducard was and didn't know how the movie would go, may have been surprised. maybe he's trying to pull a big surprise out of his hat this time. i highly doubt john blake is going to have his report card stolen. though it would be really funny to have a flash back scene with a little tom hardy stealing a little joseph gordon levitt's report card.

but i really think this john blake character is going to be pretty huge. i know there is talk about nightwing or new batman (batman beyond type character), but it would kind of piss me off if they just skip through the whole dick grayson/robin timeline. i'm totally fine with nolan not doing robin at all, but to totally skip over it and have a guy take over for batman or have nightwing already would really annoy a lot of people. but i'm not worried about that happening.

but i think even more likely, miranda tate (played by marion cotillard) will end up being talia al ghul (ra's' daughter). she'd be the perfect 'other woman' for Bruce and Selina's story, post rachael.

I agree with all of this. Personally while Dick is my favorite DCU character other than Bruce, I'm just not interested in seeing him in the suit. With Nolan's real world take, there's no way he would have Bruce running around with a minor at his side, so the Robin thing would have to be skipped or at least later down the line when they do tackle it, do something *cringe* like what they were attempting to do with Chris o' Donnell since the 8 year old boy approach simply wouldn't translate to a live setting while retaining any semblance of seriousness.

I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of their being a replacement Bats either in this film, I don't think Nolan even has that in mind though I can see where people think that since Bane = Knightfall and Knightfall = Jean Paul Valley and that awful suit of his (which would only be made cool when Kate Spencer/Manhunter would later snag parts of it for her own costume). The Miranda Tate storyline is going to be great I think (maybe it's just me, but in the photos they've leaked of her in costume, she almost looks like Ra's in how she's dressed).

So much to discuss with this - so stoked.

there's a crappy recording of the prologue floating around online. Looks like its going to be very good though.

I could have sworn bale said he'd have no part of a dark knight film that includes a robin/nightwing character. Obviously things can change and hey - money talks - but I do remember reading that. Probably an article floating around somewhere about it.

there's a crappy recording of the prologue floating around online. Looks like its going to be very good though.

I could have sworn bale said he'd have no part of a dark knight film that includes a robin/nightwing character. Obviously things can change and hey - money talks - but I do remember reading that. Probably an article floating around somewhere about it.

Nolan said he wouldn't do a movie with Robin because Wayne was still supposed to be a young guy.

The prologue is the intro for Bane and has the same 6 minute thing going. At the moment it's attached to Mission Impossible 3 and since I have no interest in seeing that I'll have to wait. I'd imagine a higher quality version of the prologue will show up in the next few days.

it's only playing in front of mission impossible for a week, and only in "real imax" theaters. meaning, in illinois, only at navy pier. only about 40 screens in the country are getting it. i highly doubt it'll be available online officially for quite some time if ever. the only way to see the TDK one last time, was in a bonus dvd with the rerelease boxset of batman begins and in theaters.

I cheated and found a boot of the prologue. There's definitely a lot to absorb from it and I'm sure I'll watch it countless times further before July. If any of you are down with some really rad fan speculation and theories, you should check out the Batman On Film forums. I've been lurking around there since Batman Begins and a lot of those dudes know their stuff while the site's founder leaks stuff from time to time due to his somewhat close ties with Nolan.

There is a site which shows which IMAX are getting the prologue. But

basically it is only in "70mm Film" IMAX locations. I was planning to travel up to

NC to preview the prologue at Discovery Place this past Tuesday but I did

not, I wish I could have though because people who went to the preview event

received a special shirt - all for free!