The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Getting it at Challengers in the next few days. I read some of the first chapter that they printed as a sample in the back of one of the issues a little while back and it was really well written - definitely paints the Governor as more of a sympathetic character as opposed to the bastard we all know him as in the comics.

Getting it at Challengers in the next few days. I read some of the first chapter that they printed as a sample in the back of one of the issues a little while back and it was really well written - definitely paints the Governor as more of a sympathetic character as opposed to the bastard we all know him as in the comics.

Next Tuesday the next hardcover book comes out.

What is the Rise of the Governor? Just a one-off something-or-other?

I only collect the hardcovers so I'm so stoked for that as well. It makes me far behind on the story currently, but luckily I haven't seen/heard any spoilers for it.

And yes, what Allison said.

Next Tuesday the next hardcover book comes out.

What is the Rise of the Governor? Just a one-off something-or-other?

I only collect the hardcovers so I'm so stoked for that as well. It makes me far behind on the story currently, but luckily I haven't seen/heard any spoilers for it.

And yes, what Allison said.

Well I went to the bookstore today to buy the Rise of the Governor and they also had a book called "The Walking Dead Chronicles: The Official Companion Book" and I got suckered into buying it because I have no will-power. I've gotten through about 40 pages of it.. it is mostly a behind-the-scenes look at the comics and the show. So far it's just been about the comics but it's interesting. It's about 200 pages total so it seems like a decent purchase.

I also bought season 1 on blu ray. I really am a weak soul.

It's got a 2 page foreward, a 4 page intro, then 30ish pages on the comics and the process with summaries of the first six issues mixed in. That's as far as I've read. From then on it appears to be more of the big article-type writing.

Think of a feature article on a band from something like AP - there's a few random side-bar things, but overall its a nice in-depth look at something deeper than the finished product we all see. It's good so far.

Definitely seems like it's worth having on the shelf then.

The TPB softcovers are six and the hardcovers are 12. They have a compendium collecting the first 48 issues out as well and I'm sure the second one will be out once 96 comes out mid next year. I tend to collect the issues in TPB's too, so to keep up from month to month, I just torrent and read them on my iPad. I like reading the single issues because the letter column is really entertaining at times.

The Letter Hacks - TWD is one of the few comics around these days that still has an actual letter column complete with writer and editor responses. It's really cool because they run a good three to five pages of letters usually - really long rambling stuff where folks weigh in and in some cases rip the current story arc to shreds only to be treated to sarcasm by Robert Kirkman and his editor. It's as good as the comic itself.

Does AMC stream episodes? I don't have cable in my room anymore, and I don't know if I can buy season 2 of PSN like I did with season 1 off Zune when I still had a 360.