The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Haven't been commenting in this thread, other than watching 1st episode. Anyways....been keeping up with all the episodes, never read the Walking Dead, so I don't know much about what's going to happen.....Correct me if I'm wrong, tonight was the final episode of 1st season? THAT was the finale....Was that pretty weak to anyone else. I was expecting MUCH more. No hanger for next season....and season 2 isn't till next Halloween?

*yawn* season 2 better step on up.

pretty much halfway through tonights epi it was obvious how it would end. anticlimactic as all get out. i really really want to like this show but it's so hard to get into the characters for me and i can't figure out what it is about them that keeps me so distanced.

i thought for sure shane was gonna get a bullet in the skull tonight. he surely deserved it.

oh, and now out of the annoying extraneous extra characters, we only have t-dog to get rid of! i've decided that i like daryl and he can stay, mostly because of that rad running zombie decapitation at the end.

2.5/5.0. If I didn't know any better I'd have guessed there was a writer's strike and they had to scramble to bring the show to a close @ the 6 episode mark. But no, they only planned 6 episodes... and they had it end like THAT? What was the point of even going to the CDC in terms of the overall story? To get a shower? Totally disappointed. Looks like I'll just have to go back to ready the source material.

man, did you guys even watch that episode? several important things happened there:

1. they found out the infection is worldwide. no hope. horrible, horrible. that's a pretty huge plot point.

2. dude probably whispered in rick's ear that lori is pregnant (hellloooooo pointless blood tests!)

3. the shane/lori wannabe rape scene and shane getting more and more volatile and nutso. that's setting up something huge that i hope they put into the tv show.

4. setting up the andrea/dale relationship (although admittedly that could have been done earlier in the show. buuuuut since it wasn't, here's a fine time.)

also, the reason it didn't end with a cliffhanger is because when they were filming, they had no idea if it would be renewed for a second season, so darabont wanted to at least somewhat wrap it up.

I like the episode because of all of the reasons that Allison just pointed out, but it just didn't feel like a finale. I was never worried that they wouldn't get out of the CDC, so when they did I was just like *shrug* "Oh how nice, the grenade!"

The explosion was pretty good for TV show effects. Smoke Monster!

The whisper definitely had to be about Lori being preggers.

Shane is setup so well to be hated now, but I'm afraid by the time season 2 rolls around, that maybe the wait will have been too long? I dunno, it's whatev.

Daryl is pretty cool. Glenn still rules, even though he can't handle is alcohol.

Has anyone ever drank a bottle of liquor in the shower? You see it in movies and TV all of the time, but I don't think I've ever had that urge, haha. Showerbeers are a different animal though.

I like the episode because of all of the reasons that Allison just pointed out, but it just didn't feel like a finale. I was never worried that they wouldn't get out of the CDC, so when they did I was just like *shrug* "Oh how nice, the grenade!"

The explosion was pretty good for TV show effects. Smoke Monster!

The whisper definitely had to be about Lori being preggers.

Shane is setup so well to be hated now, but I'm afraid by the time season 2 rolls around, that maybe the wait will have been too long? I dunno, it's whatev.

Daryl is pretty cool. Glenn still rules, even though he can't handle is alcohol.

Has anyone ever drank a bottle of liquor in the shower? You see it in movies and TV all of the time, but I don't think I've ever had that urge, haha. Showerbeers are a different animal though.

i was concerned for about 20 seconds that they were gonna write andrea out of the show and just let her blow up (because of how erratically they're following/not following the comics) but then when dale said he was staying too i knew they wouldn't get rid of them both.

i'm watching it right now. the description of the amount i don't give a shit about andrea or shane and rick can't even be attempted.

i'm going to update this as i watch the episode with my thoughts:

first 15 minutes in: i do not care about andrea, i hope she dies a horrible and unnatural death.

16 minutes in: shane is raping rick's wife. i don't give a shit - shane is a fucking asshole and everyone already knows that, lori is a tough as shit and an independent woman and she rules.

20 minutes in: they are looking at the brain. oh my god i don't even care. can i please see people dying?

21 minutes: ugh, science? really? brain does not want or care. this doctor is annoying and looks like dexter but blond and less homicidal but more like a dad. ok i guess this is kind of cool.

25 minutes: i'm high and talking to my little sister on facebook chat about nintendo ds games. it's a lot more fun than watching this show right now. LOL 'OH I AM GOING TO GET SHITFACED DRUNK AGAIN' what the hell is the point of this whole CDC venture if they are just going to have to leave anyway. i think i like the new facebook layout...okay seriously? RIGHT AS THEY GET THERE THE POWER GOES OFF? shit timing, y'all.

around 30 minutes in: it'd be cool if this show was less boring right now. and since when does the CDC have AI? -_- oh my god that's it? this is so fucking stupid. the cdc is fucking done? so. fucking. stupid. this show is way too erratic.

35-40 minutes in: QUIT CRYING. ITS BETTER THAN DEATH BY ZOMBIE. lol shane is so dumb i hate that dude. i would just use shane as bait for the zombies and draw them into CDC to get burned. dude your wife is dead grow the fuck up you live in a zombie apocalypse you have no time for feelings. these people need to fucking learn to get to the coast. the wire is such a better show than this. that is all i can think about. YES ANDREA DIE DIE YOUR SISTER IS DEAD. LOL HOLY SHIT DUDE A FUCKInG CHAIR WILL NOT BREAK WINDOWS AN AXE CANNOT BREAK YOU DUMBASS.

40-end: i want that woman and jenner to bang. really bad. that would be awesome. why aren't they taking like, tanks? why aren't they taking new cars? why are they sharing a moment? they don't even know each other! okay that implosion was rad. drive you assholes, drive! lol punx is tears and bob dylan.

it's going to take a really really good season premiere to get me to watch next year.