The Walking Dead

mcm1610

who knows, they might NEVER kill shane off in the show.

i don't think a spoiler warning is really necessary, a. considering how long the source material has been out there and b. the show is straying so far from the comics that anything mentioned from them probably won't even happen in the show at this rate.

At this point, I keep having to remind myself that this show isn't the comics and that I'll have to enjoy them as two separate mediums with the comic being the superior one. That said, with various character elements from later on in the comic's run being introduced into the show now, they need to cross pollinate the other way and introduce a Daryl type character into the books - he may be ignorant but he's also the smartest one in the group when it comes to common sense and survival.

i hated all the other extra characters except for Daryl. Daryl is actually one of my favorites, surprisingly, even though he saved the black dude (t-dog? i try to pretend he doesn't exist) from getting eaten.

I still want to know how the people in the cars died.

i don't think there were people in all/most of the cars. there was most likely a traffic jam and they fled on foot (hence lots of open doors) when the zombies came. the ones left in cars were probably attacked or just offed themselves.

So I got that "The Walking Dead Chronicles" and have been slowly reading through it because I've been busy as shit.

It gives me a new respect for the TV show.

A lot of the stuff, like the decision re: Shane in the show, is all done intentionally. When Kirkman was writing the comics, he had no faith that it was going to last so he was pumping out the story line at a ridiculous pace and views the TV show as a way to explore other options had he known that he would have the success to be able to go long enough with his story. It also explains where they get inspiration for things in the show, like including Ed in the TV show when he's dead before the comics take place. It's a pretty good book, I got about 40 pages left out of 200ish.

I missed the premiere yesterday, though. Pissed! Not really, I'll catch it eventually. But tomorrow I'm picking up book 7 for sure.

So I got that "The Walking Dead Chronicles" and have been slowly reading through it because I've been busy as shit.

It gives me a new respect for the TV show.

A lot of the stuff, like the decision re: Shane in the show, is all done intentionally. When Kirkman was writing the comics, he had no faith that it was going to last so he was pumping out the story line at a ridiculous pace and views the TV show as a way to explore other options had he known that he would have the success to be able to go long enough with his story. It also explains where they get inspiration for things in the show, like including Ed in the TV show when he's dead before the comics take place. It's a pretty good book, I got about 40 pages left out of 200ish.

I missed the premiere yesterday, though. Pissed! Not really, I'll catch it eventually. But tomorrow I'm picking up book 7 for sure.

This actually goes a long way towards the whole idea of viewing the two as separate media. Oftentimes, the folks who are translating from one area to another are faced with that thin line between attempting to be faithful to the source material and avoiding pissing off the core fanbase while at the same time attempting to make things palatable and fresh while avoiding redundancy. Opinions on last night's episode are definitely mixed but I think this season will find its footing in a few weeks and some of the more outlandish flaws and errors we're all seeing will be atleast somewhat smoothed over.

I will say though, I laugh really hard nearly every time Shane talks because of that accent.

Watched the first episode of season 2 tonight but I think my DVR cut off too early, it ends during the commercial break after carl sees the deer (trying to avoid spoilerzz) . Was there another scene after commercials or did they run the credits?

Edit:

After reading the post above mine, I've come to the conclusion that avoiding any spoiler was pointless.

I was a little confused when they ended the show with Carl getting shot. They cut to black so quickly that it didn't really seem like the episode was completely over. Did anyone bother watching the talking dead program that aired after it? I watched the premiere at a local movie theatre and didn't stick around...

I was a little confused when they ended the show with Carl getting shot. They cut to black so quickly that it didn't really seem like the episode was completely over. Did anyone bother watching the talking dead program that aired after it? I watched the premiere at a local movie theatre and didn't stick around...

I watched Talking Dead the following day on my DVR. It was pretty decent for being the first show for it. They had some behind the scenes stuff that was interesting, and Robert Kirkman answered some questions.

I guess you should be alright with some jokes to like it too. It's 2/3 comedians on this show between the first (Chris Hardwick and Patton Oswalt) and second show (Hardwick and Brian Posehn) so far.

Oh and there's this "bonus video". http://www.amctv.com/shows/talking-dead/video

in the montage at the end it looked like carl actually died, ranger rick's dumbass wife was standing over his body in what looked like a casket

bummer he doesn't turn into a zombie

If that ends up being the case, it'll be the most major deviation from the comic yet. I've been really enjoying this show and have attempted to take most of the changes for what they are, but this difference would really sour it for me.

in the montage at the end it looked like carl actually died, ranger rick's dumbass wife was standing over his body in what looked like a casket

bummer he doesn't turn into a zombie

If that ends up being the case, it'll be the most major deviation from the comic yet. I've been really enjoying this show and have attempted to take most of the changes for what they are, but this difference would really sour it for me.

if anything, if there was a clip like that in there, it was probably some dream sequence rick or lori had that he actually died. THEYS TRYIN' TA MISLEAD US.

For anyone else who missed it (like me), apparently AMC is now putting eps online. Here's 201. Unless it's not.. I haven't watched it yet.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-episode-201

I'm finishing up season 1 again before I watch 2. Then I'm going to buy the newest 12-issue book and probably the covers book if they have it.

if anything, if there was a clip like that in there, it was probably some dream sequence rick or lori had that he actually died. THEYS TRYIN' TA MISLEAD US.

If they start introducing dream sequences, I'm gonna start looking for zombie Fonz.

The Talking Dead, a Q&A show to be symmetrical with the series, is a really great in depth into many themes, future scenarios, and speculation into the show. It's great. Like their Facebook page. If you watch the TV show when it airs on AMC, just wait after the credits to watch it. I'll post a link for a glance at the show for those interested.

Finally got around to watching the Season 2 premiere last night, and for fucks sake they're already milking it. Nothing happened for over 45 minutes. Just some whining crying and praying. Hopefully tonight changes up the pace. In the meantime I hear American Horror Story is getting some positive buzz.

The slow pace is intentional. They don't want it to be an action-packed zombie movie where its just attack after attack. The focus is supposed to be on the drama and the dilemmas they end up in.

Sometimes it is painfully slow, but that's the point.

This.

There was a commercial during the premiere where someone said that the zombies in The Walking Dead were more of an obstacle while the true antagonists were the men beside you. The most interesting aspect of the series to me is the character development, not the zombie killing.