The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I don't think Shane will be dying anytime soon. His face is in the credits and I think it would be odd for them to kill him off. I wouldn't mind it, but I'm trying to think from your typical TV standpoint. We're only getting 6 episodes and they might not want to do that just yet. But then again, they did make him pretty unlikable with pointing his gun at Rick. So I dunno...

I don't think Wiltshire will take place in the next episode though, seems like it would be rushed.

Dunno what the deal w/ this CBC dude is, but that part of the episode felt very "Lost-like." I'm not sure what he's up to, but I could see him trying to kill or capture someone from the group for an experiment?!?

I really, really want Shane to die but I have a feeling he won't because of the way they're changing the plot and how they have him shown second in the intro. Still, they could surprise us with a nice bullet through Shane's head. It would make Carl look good and not so such a little wuss...

oh yeah, spoiler alert or something.

I don't think Shane will be dying anytime soon. His face is in the credits and I think it would be odd for them to kill him off. I wouldn't mind it, but I'm trying to think from your typical TV standpoint. We're only getting 6 episodes and they might not want to do that just yet. But then again, they did make him pretty unlikable with pointing his gun at Rick. So I dunno...

I don't think Wiltshire will take place in the next episode though, seems like it would be rushed.

Dunno what the deal w/ this CBC dude is, but that part of the episode felt very "Lost-like." I'm not sure what he's up to, but I could see him trying to kill or capture someone from the group for an experiment?!?

I thought the exact same thing. I was thinking to myself that I was going to rewatch the first couple seasons of Lost just a couple days before The Walking Dead started, as no show has captured me the way Lost did. Then all of a sudden The Walking Dead comes out of no where and amazes me. It's kind of hard for me not to compare it to Lost in a lot of ways, and the CDC guy solidified that.

Well like everyone watching the episode this week who had read the comics I was waiting for Shane to die in the woods. But I was talking to my wife and brother about how we think the season will end. I just don't see Wiltshire being in the picture at all this season, its possible this run in with the CDC will be short and they'll end up their I just don't think its probable. I'm thinking now they're going to hold off on killing Shane, although I was originally thinking last thing that happens in the next episode(6) is Carl killing Shane, but who knows.

One thing I think people are forgetting is this new sub plot with the hick brothers. I say in this next episode Mearle is coming back, I'm not accepting that he will be the Governor later on. I just don't think they can keep that looming over until next season.

I was thinking the same thing about Merle. He will be in the finale, maybe as part of a cliff hanger, but he'll be there.

The CDC stuff will be pretty big too, I think it'll be something that runs into the next season. It doesn't seem like they would show so much of that guy and then leave him behind so quickly. So we'll see how that plays out.

Y'all weren't really expecting a 100% faithful adaptation of the graphic novels now were ya?

::)

I wasn't totally expecting it to be 100% faithful but as close to the original as possible since the original story was so good.

With that said I think the show is good, even with the changes. I'm trying to look at it from the perspective that I've never read the comics and how I'd react that way. I really think its a well done show and am actually excited I don't really know whats going to happen next.