The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Does AMC stream episodes? I don't have cable in my room anymore, and I don't know if I can buy season 2 of PSN like I did with season 1 off Zune when I still had a 360.

Netflix has it on instant watch if you have that... Hulu doesn't. I don't think AMC ever has anything up but webisode and exclusive behind the scene stuff.

I'm tempted to pull out the DVD's and give the season a run through sometime this coming week before we torrent the first episode.

The makeup in this show is phenomenal. Not sure how much of the effects will be cut back this season though due to alot of fundage going from all AMC shows into Mad Men.

The episode moved alot quicker than most of the reviews were making it out to. The ending of course, is the set up for where they head next. This is going to be a good season.

Has anyone else noticed how many of the elements introduced into the series at far later points in the comics are being introduced into the show now? Things like Dale expressing cynicism (faking out the group to cover that he hadn't fixed the RV engine), Carl stepping up and trying to earn his place, the members calling the pack of zombies a 'herd' (a phrase not introduced until much later when the survivors meets Abraham and his group and start heading to DC). A lot of compression going on, but it's sensible as there's no way the show can hit on every point of such a large amount of source material inside of half a dozen or so seasons.

The episode moved alot quicker than most of the reviews were making it out to. The ending of course, is the set up for where they head next. This is going to be a good season.

Has anyone else noticed how many of the elements introduced into the series at far later points in the comics are being introduced into the show now? Things like Dale expressing cynicism (faking out the group to cover that he hadn't fixed the RV engine), Carl stepping up and trying to earn his place, the members calling the pack of zombies a 'herd' (a phrase not introduced until much later when the survivors meets Abraham and his group and start heading to DC). A lot of compression going on, but it's sensible as there's no way the show can hit on every point of such a large amount of source material inside of half a dozen or so seasons.

maybe they could hit on more if they didn't spend whole episodes on 2 days worth of action that never was even in the comic.

they're going to run into serious problems with the kids aging too fast if they don't pick up the pace at least a little bit.

also, LET CARL KILL SHANE, ALREADY.

also, also, shane should never, NEVER shave his head. holy stick-out creepy ears.

As far as cramming as much as possible into the story line. I have a feeling that with AMC's recent budget cuts to the show, the producers are not anticipating that more seasons may not be green lit. This show has to cost way more than say breaking bad. I can see one maybe two more before executives will can the show. That is unless they see that the show continues to be a huge hit season after season.

Personally I hope the entire run lasts at least 5 seasons. Want to at least get to Rick getting his arm lopped off.

I also agree that the premiere was was more fast paced than it was. I just remember pausing it and thinking holy crap there's only 30 more minutes left?

I also agree that Shane needs to finally get out of the picture. Getting kinda tired of his moping.

You guys should put a spoiler warning on this thread. I haven't read the comics and just came here to see what everyone thought of last nights episode only to read Shane dies among other things.

who knows, they might NEVER kill shane off in the show.

i don't think a spoiler warning is really necessary, a. considering how long the source material has been out there and b. the show is straying so far from the comics that anything mentioned from them probably won't even happen in the show at this rate.

You guys should put a spoiler warning on this thread. I haven't read the comics and just came here to see what everyone thought of last nights episode only to read Shane dies among other things.

i don't think a spoiler warning is really necessary, a. considering how long the source material has been out there and b. the show is straying so far from the comics that anything mentioned from them probably won't even happen in the show at this rate.

Agreed. At this point, the knowledge of Shane's demise is fairly common practically anywhere you go. Folks are screaming for it in every comments section of every episode review I've read.

You can already see how Carl and Sophia have aged in what's to be accepted as a few days from the last season and as another person stated earlier in this thread, they left camp in the comics due to an oncoming Winter whereas in the show they're still in the middle of Summer.

At this point, I keep having to remind myself that this show isn't the comics and that I'll have to enjoy them as two separate mediums with the comic being the superior one. That said, with various character elements from later on in the comic's run being introduced into the show now, they need to cross pollinate the other way and introduce a Daryl type character into the books - he may be ignorant but he's also the smartest one in the group when it comes to common sense and survival.

Or perhaps Shane will just vanish one day due to budget cuts @ AMC. What a horrible way to die...