The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Or new writers...which we are getting.

The writers weren't fired, that was a false rumor. But there still might be some big changes to the writing process, crew.

i like that the article i read about how that was a false rumor said that the producers said what an insulting rumor it was and that it made them look bad, but in the same breath said that they might fire them all anyways.

also, the reason it didn't end with a cliffhanger is because when they were filming, they had no idea if it would be renewed for a second season, so darabont wanted to at least somewhat wrap it up.

I can see that in this episode for sure. I kind of liked how they tired to combine as much actual comic stuff with this new side plot. I felt as though the place had the feel of when they were in the Prison, ie the books comment minus the Shane rape scene. Just the place in general felt like the prison, with adding the Generators(yes a lot different but had the feel). Glen getting way too drunk is setting up future situations(a long way off in the distance).

Here's my impression since I was so gung ho about it being close to the comic at first. I really didn't mind this episode like A-Money said it set up so much stuff for the future. The biggest being there is no hope, so the only hope they have right now is that they need to survive, they need to find a place that is safe like the CDC where they can continue to survive without any fear, which is what is going to drive them to keep moving its the whole "Home is just over that Hill" mentality, which is a great deal of the comics. I feel like it made everything connect more as to why they feel the need to keep moving. I think some shows 1st seasons tend to be fairly terrible but 2nd season really turn it around. Its all about character development in the 1st seasons, I'm hoping the good stuff will start happening episode 1 on Halloween next year.

yeah, despite the cdc being outside of the comic plot, it definitely began the 'oh hey! here's something super nice that reminds you of your normal life! ANNNNNNNNND NOW WE'RE GOING TO BRUTALLY RIP IT AWAY AND LEAVE YOU WORSE OFF THAN YOU WERE BEFORE.' cycle that's central to the comics.

this is why i'm lobbying for joss whedon to be a guest writer for one episode.

• 2 weeks later...