Photos: Bad Astronaut "Acrophobe"

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how Acrophobe is still up for sale, I think it's safe to assume that if you hear about the preorder for Houstan a day late, you'd still be able to get a copy. ;)

Right, but that depends on how these acrophobe inserts are sorted out. Also, i prefer the colored vinyl to commemorate the hunt.

I tend to agree. If I were to miss out on the variant I wanted I'd feel like I got shafted on 2 separate levels. A DP if you will.

To the dude above me it's a little ignorant to come on a forum dedicated to record collecting and trying to justify a mishap by making this sound like it shouldn't matter to collectors. The majority of us are completist, and are obviously huge fans of BA. It's ok for us to be a little upset. I personally bought all the variants and feel like I'm getting an incomplete package for the amount of money I spent.

Seeing as how Acrophobe is still up for sale, I think it's safe to assume that if you hear about the preorder for Houstan a day late, you'd still be able to get a copy. ;)

Right, but that depends on how these acrophobe inserts are sorted out. Also, i prefer the colored vinyl to commemorate the hunt.

I tend to agree. If I were to miss out on the variant I wanted I'd feel like I got shafted on 2 separate levels. A DP if you will.

To the dude above me it's a little ignorant to come on a forum dedicated to record collecting and trying to justify a mishap by making this sound like it shouldn't matter to collectors. The majority of us are completist, and are obviously huge fans of BA. It's ok for us to be a little upset. I personally bought all the variants and feel like I'm getting an incomplete package for the amount of money I spent.

I'm with you man. Really don't wanna be a dick about this, but that's mostly because i'm afraid the person in charge will shit on me for being a weiner when it comes time to send out the actual acrophobe insert. THAT is how disappointed i am. I'm actually scared of not getting the insert. BA means a fucking lot to me and having the privilege to be able to anticipate this coming in the mail means a fucking lot too. Honestly, i'm pissed. And i think it's totally ridiculous that you can stuff hundreds of records and no one stops and says 'wait a minute'. I honestly can't believe it. It's an 'impressive fuckup'. But i don't care cuz i can still hear it. I just want to know i'll get the appropriate insert.

I received my Black Acrophobe today and it only has 9 of the 10 tracks and it did not come with the infamous "Houston" lyric sheet. What's up with that. Anyone else have this happen to them.

Holy crap, really!? Unlucky Stuntman is one of their best songs! What kind of insert was packed in (if any)?

I'm with you man. Really don't wanna be a dick about this, but that's mostly because i'm afraid the person in charge will shit on me for being a weiner when it comes time to send out the actual acrophobe insert. THAT is how disappointed i am. I'm actually scared of not getting the insert. BA means a fucking lot to me and having the privilege to be able to anticipate this coming in the mail means a fucking lot too. Honestly, i'm pissed. And i think it's totally ridiculous that you can stuff hundreds of records and no one stops and says 'wait a minute'. I honestly can't believe it. It's an 'impressive fuckup'. But i don't care cuz i can still hear it. I just want to know i'll get the appropriate insert.

What is your email? I'll send you an email when the preorder goes up. Or better yet I'll text you.

That sold for the cost of the entire set! I always felt BA was a very niche project, didn't realize they has such intense fans lol

to anyone worried about not getting an insert, I assure you that everyone that wants an insert will get one. Even if you miss out on the Houston pre-order, I will send you an insert on its own. Like I said before, I will fix this. I feel terrible that this happened and as a big fan myself, I want the correct insert with the record.

So do any of these have inserts? Was planning on picking one up at HT and I know they won't mail it to me...but maybe I can pick one up at a store or something?

I'm pretty sure they all have the wrong insert, but virgil will take care of it. hot topic (nor any other store for that matter) has nothing to do with this, neither will they have anything to do with the fixing

I received my Black Acrophobe today and it only has 9 of the 10 tracks and it did not come with the infamous "Houston" lyric sheet. What's up with that. Anyone else have this happen to them.

Holy crap, really!? Unlucky Stuntman is one of their best songs! What kind of insert was packed in (if any)?

I did not get an Insert AT ALL, do I contact Virgil? Did everyone's copy come with all 10 tracks or is it just mine that came with only 9 tracks?

-I thought that guy was kidding about the inserts being from "Houston..." but they actually are. Any way of getting some matching inserts Virgil? Kind of a bummer in an otherwise great release. Maybe the Acrophobe inserts could be put into the Houston records when they come out, then we could just swap them, haha

No one believes the new guy. ;)

I did not get an Insert AT ALL, do I contact Virgil? Did everyone's copy come with all 10 tracks or is it just mine that came with only 9 tracks?

I'll relisten to this when i get home tonight, and let you know.

If you are looking at the grooves on the record itself, it does show only nine tracks, but that's because the first two tracks don't have a break. Is that maybe what's causing you to think that? If not, what song is missing?