New get up kids lp !!

icecream

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

not sure either. that's dumb.

Maybe it was the Something To Write Home About reunion tour. Right, how silly of me!

I would say a tour commemorating a landmark album in a bands career/genre is different than said band making a new album. I can't imagine Dashboard Confessional making a new, all-acoustic album, in the vein of Swiss Army Romance, even though he's on tour playing that album.

The recent trend of bands touring in support of an entire album, whether its a 10 year thing or just a fan-favorite is probably a cash grab, but I'd rather have a band make a mediocre album that is a reflection of them as a band currently than try to recreate something they did 12+ years ago. If TGUK made two albums after STWHA, that didn't sound like STWHA, why would they suddenly go back to that style?

This is so bad I think it gave me cancer! Get up Kids or not, this is shit.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. :(

I have to agree with you, sadly. Terrible album with awful production, it hurts just to listen to it, just like the EP.

I'm glad they reunited so I could see them live for the first time, but another perfect example why bands shouldn't record new music after years of inactivity.

i really can't get into this album at all. i couldn't really get into simple science either, except for your petty, pretty things. get up kids or not, i just don't think this is very good.

I guess I was just hoping they would be getting back together to make a 1999ish-sounding album. Not sure why I assumed that.

eh, i was hoping the same as well.

Maybe it was the Something To Write Home About reunion tour. Right, how silly of me!

I would say a tour commemorating a landmark album in a bands career/genre is different than said band making a new album. I can't imagine Dashboard Confessional making a new, all-acoustic album, in the vein of Swiss Army Romance, even though he's on tour playing that album.

The recent trend of bands touring in support of an entire album, whether its a 10 year thing or just a fan-favorite is probably a cash grab, but I'd rather have a band make a mediocre album that is a reflection of them as a band currently than try to recreate something they did 12+ years ago. If TGUK made two albums after STWHA, that didn't sound like STWHA, why would they suddenly go back to that style?

First of all, Dashboard never went on a break like The Get Up Kids did. If they had and that Swiss Army tour was ALSO the comeback tour, I would have every reason, as a fan, to HOPE the new album would remind of of why I loved them in the first place. The STWHA tour did that not only for fans, but I would imagine for the band as well. I'm sure they wouldn't have reunited if they didn't have fun playing those old songs together again.

Also, what about Taking Back Sunday getting back with John Nolan? You're going to tell me a little something inside of you isn't hoping it sounds a little like Tell All Your Friends?

And did you even hear Dashboard's The Shade of Poison Trees? Or what about the extra all-acoustic disc that came with the mediocre Alter The Ending?

I'm really thinking the reunion tour was to get people excited about bring back together...and sure, they probably enjoying playing some old songs...but I think it's more of a making money thing (Rob was the only really successful one after the break up) and enjoying writing together. If There are Rules sounded like STWHA (which I like) I'd be super disappointed.

First of all, Dashboard never went on a break like The Get Up Kids did. If they had and that Swiss Army tour was ALSO the comeback tour, I would have every reason, as a fan, to HOPE the new album would remind of of why I loved them in the first place. The STWHA tour did that not only for fans, but I would imagine for the band as well. I'm sure they wouldn't have reunited if they didn't have fun playing those old songs together again.

Also, what about Taking Back Sunday getting back with John Nolan? You're going to tell me a little something inside of you isn't hoping it sounds a little like Tell All Your Friends?

And did you even hear Dashboard's The Shade of Poison Trees? Or what about the extra all-acoustic disc that came with the mediocre Alter The Ending?

But the Get Up Kids' comeback tour wasn't STWHA-specific, at least not when I saw them. They played stuff from all their records plus new songs.