Screeching Weasel - Weasel Mania 2xLP Color

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited.

The second Lookout pressing of Wiggle sounds fantastic compared to the remaster from Asian Man/Recess. This could be a great opportunity to give it a second life.

really? i haven't played the vinyl back to back but CD-wise the remaster of Wiggle was my 'most improved'...WAY better than the original...

i wouldn't think they'd be remastering them again or doing new plates or anything for re-reissues, but maybe they do...

2nd pressing you're talking about the cymbal hiss deal on initial pressing right?

I'm excited.

The second Lookout pressing of Wiggle sounds fantastic compared to the remaster from Asian Man/Recess. This could be a great opportunity to give it a second life.

really? i haven't played the vinyl back to back but CD-wise the remaster of Wiggle was my 'most improved'...WAY better than the original...

i wouldn't think they'd be remastering them again or doing new plates or anything for re-reissues, but maybe they do...

2nd pressing you're talking about the cymbal hiss deal on initial pressing right?

It's not just the symbol hissing, the remix is in general very good. If you have it, it should say LK 63 A-RE1 on the matrix on the A side. Compare it to the Recess pressing and you tell me what you think.

doesn't seem that screeching weasel has really been all that big w/ the kids these days...riverdales even less so...maybe that will change now that they are playing more shows and being more consistently active...

most of their stuff goes for a lot less than it used to...

of course i snatched this up...i dunno if i'll get any vinyl re-reissues if they do any that have already been done...kinda doubt it.

doesn't seem that screeching weasel has really been all that big w/ the kids these days...riverdales even less so...maybe that will change now that they are playing more shows and being more consistently active...

most of their stuff goes for a lot less than it used to...

of course i snatched this up...i dunno if i'll get any vinyl re-reissues if they do any that have already been done...kinda doubt it.

I drove up to the magic stick a month ago when they were playing and thought the show had been canceled there were so few people there. I had a good time though.

i don't even think the Lookout deal was about getting 'cheated' necessarily just lame accounting

i really doubt he got rich taking releases from asian man to recess

going to fat isn't going to make anyone rich either...i'm not sure back catalog sales really exist so much these days...

i don't even think the Lookout deal was about getting 'cheated' necessarily just lame accounting

i really doubt he got rich taking releases from asian man to recess

going to fat isn't going to make anyone rich either...i'm not sure back catalog sales really exist so much these days...

There was an interview in Spin about 10 years ago where he said that he made about 50k a year in back catalog sales. That was before the vinyl resurgence and long before he started doing gigs again. I saw several people drop well over $80 on merch after the Riverdlaes gig in LA a few months ago.