So who bought that $1000 VC subscription thing?

And what did you end up getting out of it? I know at least 1 person did this. I want to laugh at your stupidity/misfortune.

What did they end up getting?

For $1,000, you will receive the following

* Every 7″, 10″, LP, double LP, triple LP, box set, etc we press for the rest of Vinyl Collective’s life. This includes the most rare variant of every initial pressing. 1 copy of each title (represses are not eligible)

* Lifers also enrolls in Suburban Home for Life which entitles you to every digital release Suburban Home releases for the lifetime of Suburban Home Records. This includes special releases available only to Suburban Home lifers, live albums, etc.

* VC Lifers also receive the Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home Club Card which entitles the user to 10 percent off on all orders placed in the Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home online store.

For those curious, over the past 3 years, we have released well over 100 releases on vinyl and have no plans to slow down. Vinyl Collective for life will begin with the next releases that show up at our warehouse which will include Portugal the Man “It’s Complicated Being a Wizard”, Cobra Skulls “American Rubicon”, Lizzie Huffman “And Her Brother Band”, Joey Cape/Mike Hale Under the Influence, O Pioneers/New Bruises Under the influence, Kevin Seconds/Kepi Ghoulie Under the Influence, Gregory Alan Isakov “Eastern Northern Hemisphere”, Chad Price “Smile Sweet Face”, and others.

Unfortunately, this is not available for people living outside of North America. The shipping costs would get too expensive.

The Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home for Life offer ends when either Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home dies or hate to say it, when you die. Let’s hope we all live for a very long time to get the most out of this deal.

The Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home for Life offer ends when either Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home dies...

Almost there...what better way to get out of this commitment than to ban/piss off the people who bought your releases/supported you and SH right?

I remember when this went up and I didn't think there was any way in Hell someone would throw a grand at VC. It's amazing that people did it, and its even more amazing to me that none of that money can be recouped from the VC, especially since it went down so soon after the VC/SH for Life deal went up. It really is a beautiful scam.

Did I miss something? The Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective officially OOB?

hopefully he can get his act together enough to pay back all of the labels he owes money to.

I would hope he would do that before he would press any new records.

That's a catch 22. He can't make money without pressing new records and he shouldn't press new records without paying back the people he owes money to. I'm not entirely sure what happened with his business, but at one point it seemed fairly successful. I find it sad for all people involved, including Virgil and his family.