Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighborhood store, Lauries Planet of Sound is having a few bands, along with DJs throughout the day....

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193191844050744

Come celebrate Record Store Day with us again this year!

The weekend begins with a very special instore on Friday evening (4/15) with legendary MIKE WATT (Minutemen, Firehose, Stooges, etc.)! Exact time will be announced shortly.

On The Big Day (Saturday 4/16), we'll be opening at 9am with as many special RSD releases as we can get (full list will be posted the night before).

Special performances by:

CANDY GOLDE (feat. Bun E. Carlos FROM CHEAP TRICK) at 1pm

VEE DEE at 5pm

POPULATION[ex No Slogan] at 8pm

All-Star DJ Lineup (throughout the day):

Michael Bennett (CHIRP)

Rachel Hinsdale (Squish)

Eliah Einhorn (Scotland Yard Gospel Choir)

Mark Richardson (Pitchfork Media)

Eric Marsh (BLVD Records)

Peroxide (Late Bar, Bittersweet, Shimmer)

Josh Rosenthal (Plaguebringer)

AND MORE!!

So, as much as I hate to make another "would anyone mind...?" post, it would appear that a few of my trusty sources won't be able to score my RSD wishes after all. [Apparently a lot of stores are really enforcing the "limit one per customer" rule this time around? It's fair and makes sense, don't get me wrong. Just sucks that all my friends have similar tastes in music.] As such, I've narrowed down my wishlist to two very tangible releases;

Circa Survive » Appendage » Oxblood colored vinyl / 2000

Between The Buried And Me » The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogs » / 1000

If anyone can confidently secure one or both of the above, I would totally appreciate a PM. If you're a VC regular, I can give you funds in advance out of good faith. Also stand by my offer to tack on an additional bonus for your troubles.

To anyone who previously offered to help me out, and is reading this again, I apologize. I've had a lot of wishy-washy PMs over the past month, but nothing too concrete. Or I've fallen out of touch with said members. Either way, I'm not worried about accidentally winding up with extra copies. Worst case scenario, I'd sell them right back to VC members at face value.

Thanks again.

For anyone in the upper half of Michigan's lower peninsula (or those willing to drive):

Sound it Out in Traverse City will be opening at 10 AM to celebrate Record Store Day and will also be kicking off a store liquidation sale. We will be closing on April 30th. In addition to RSD releases (what we're hoping to get can be found here: http://sounditoutrecords.com/2011/03/rsd11specialreleases/) all new & used CDs & DVDs will be 50% off, all new and used vinyl will be 20% off, 50% off posters, all tshirts $10, etc etc.

For more info: www.sounditoutrecords.com

I haven't really been paying attention to this so I apologize if I'm being redundant, but will the Circa LPs be available anywhere other than Record Store Day participating stores? It isn't seeming too likely that my local store will receive one for me so I'm starting to plan for the worst.

From what I've gathered and read, the Appendage LP will indeed be exclusive to RSD. That may eventually change, but they really made it sound like it's the only option.

^Actually, I believe someone in the Circa camp confirmed this will be available online for sure as well.

For serious? Probably not on an oxblood variant though, yes? But I'd settle for this on black... easily. This is excellent news, and I'm really hoping there's some truth behind the rumor. I appreciate the info.

I don't feel like putting up with the overcrowded record shops. I'm waiting until prices drop on ebay then getting the only thing I want (William Elliott Whitmore/POS Split).

although i prefer everyone go to their local record shops and support them so they stay open, there will be a handful of these splits in the webstore www.initrecords.com don't support the flippers on ebay.

Touche Amore just tweeted the following:

"The Record Store Day version of "...to the beat of a dead horse" will now be an online exclusive. Details soon."

http://twitter.com/#!/ToucheAmore/status/57584866379841536

This is interesting....there is apparently something going on with ILC (Independent Label Collective). Because I know the following has occurred:

We had the post here from April 7th from Init Records:

Apr 7, 2011, 6:57pm, initrecords wrote:

Also, I was told today that the Bouncing Souls - Live At Generation Records LP was canceled. Real bummed on that! I wonder why?

Actually Generation Records still says it's coming out on RSD on their website. ILC (the exclusive distributor) told me the release was canceled. What the fuck?

Now we have the Touch Amore, which they were releasing cancelled and now available online (at a future date).

Plus, my local store shared the following:

* The Eastern Region Sales Rep was fired/laid off...was calling all of the stores with the following cryptic saying "Make sure you call ILC and ensure you are getting what you ordered" which leads one to believe that something shady is going on...(maybe financial trouble??)

* The guy who runs Revelation Records in CA who was using ILC for their releases (Quicksand, Youth of Today, etc.) *pulled* one of the releases away from ILC and will be distributing it to stores directly himself (Elliott LP).

The ILC twitter hasn't been updated since March 8th and their website no longer has the Record Store Day catalog posted that I had linked to earlier in this thread....so as the old saying goes, where there is smoke, there is fire. Something is going on at ILC.

Hopefully the stores who ordered the items will get what they ordered, because they also had the Metzingers Chamberlain Waits LP, which a lot of people wanted here, plus the Rev releases, Bouncing Souls, etc.