Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

I want to start compiling a list of RSD 2011 exclusives. So far rumors are leaning toward it being a promising day.

Records

Dio - Killing The Dragon - Pic Disc (/2500)

The Flaming Lips - Heady Nuggs: The First 5 Warner Bros. Albums 1992-2002 box set

Frank Turner - Rock & Roll - 10" (thanks Scott)

Freddy King - Wash Out b/w Butterscotch - 7" (MONO, both tracks from “Let’s Hide Away” LP)

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American - 3xLP (ORGmusic)

John Mayall/Eric Clapton - Lonely Years b/w Bernard Jenkins - 7" (MONO, unreleased tracks)

The Menzingers - Chamberlain Waits - 12"

Omar Rodriguez Lopez - Telesterion - 4xLP (38-song greatest hits)

Pearl Jam - Vs & Vitalogy rereleases (street date)

Silverstein - RSD 7"

Superchunk / Coliseum - split of Misfits covers - 7" (/1500, 500ea. of Yellow w/ Black Splatter, Magenta w/ Black Splatter, Black) (TRL/Merge)

Touche Amore - ...To The Beat Of A Dead Horse - 12" (/250 White wax, white labels, letterpress cover) (6131)

The Velvet Undergound - Foggy Notion b/w I Can’t Stand It - 7" (studio versions in MONO)

The Yardbirds - Goodnight Sweet Josephine b/w Think About It - 7" (studio versions in MONO)

Rumored

Piebald LP Boxset (Rise?)

CDs

Panda Bear - Tomboy

Republic Tigers - No Land's Man EP

The Head and The Heart - s/t reissue (Sub Pop)

Other

Frank Kozik RSD exclusive vinyl guy figure

Add finds or rumors. Please include as much info as possible!

Artist - Album - Format - Label - Pressing Info - Other details

I'll try to keep the OP updated. Please let me know if there are corrections that need to be made.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) I am not going to buy any RSD stuff until a month later when it is half retail. (Yes, I know I will miss out on several awesome records, but I'd miss out on those anyway I'm sure, as Comic Book Shop Guy would have beat me to the punch.) The exception: LPs that are $10-$12 and 7" that are $4-$5. I am not interested in $25 LPs and $8 7" records. Fuck it. I said it. Someone needed too.

2.) Wait and see. You are doomed. Fully doomed.

From Sundazed:

All 4 in awesome picture sleeves:

1) John Mayall/Eric Clapton~Lonely Years b/w Bernard Jenkins (MONO, unreleased tracks)

2) The Velvet Undergound~Foggy Notion b/w I Can’t Stand It (studio versions in MONO)

3) The Yardbirds~Goodnight Sweet Josephine b/w Think About It (studio versions in MONO)

4) Freddy King~Wash Out b/w Butterscotch (MONO, both tracks from “Let’s Hide Away” LP)

Source: collectingvinylrecords.blogspot.com

Republic Tigers--No Land's Man EP

Source: http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/125483-the-republic-tigers-return-with-no-land-s-man-ep.html

Panda Bear--Tomboy

Source: http://www.prefixmag.com/news/noah-lennoxs-panda-bear-unveils-tomboy-cd-cover/48777/

Head and the Heart LP on Sub Pop

Source: http://culturemob.com/blog/the-head-and-the-heart-sign-to-sub-pop-album-to-be-reissued-on-record-store-day