Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Init said there would be a color pressing after RSD available on the site, I believe. RSD pressing will be black vinyl.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. As long as I end up with one, I'm happy. That split just seems so rad to me.

Most color copies are going to my local record store and the bands. You seriously have a better chance tracking down one of the 1500 black vinyl copies, I would guess. My distributor told me they were almost completely sold out two weeks ago.

BUT there will be a tiny handful of both black & color vinyl for mailorder, popping up randomly and unannounced in the webstore.

Also, looks like there is grey and tan copies too because of the color blending.

Shiiiit!! City and Colour "Sometimes" on 2x180g! THIS is my ultimate dream coming true. There is no chance in hell this would probably make its way to Australia though :(

If anyone isn't interested in it and sees it, would you mind grabbing me one and I'll add in a bit extra for ya?

I NEED this record like you wouldn't believe.

Shiiiit!! City and Colour "Sometimes" on 2x180g! THIS is my ultimate dream coming true. There is no chance in hell this would probably make its way to Australia though :(

If anyone isn't interested in it and sees it, would you mind grabbing me one and I'll add in a bit extra for ya?

we're sending a handful of copies to a store in Australia actually, they won't arrive for RSD but the aussies have always treated dine alone & our artists well so its the least we could do..

we're sending a handful of copies to a store in Australia actually, they won't arrive for RSD but the aussies have always treated dine alone & our artists well so its the least we could do..

That's AWESOME news!!

Would you mind telling me what store/s would be getting them? I'm in Melbourne and I just called Polyester Records and Missing Link and they both said they weren't getting it.

Hey, we just wanted to remind everyone in the Boston area that we'll be playing our first-ever instore in honor of Record Store Day (Sat April 16), at the Newbury Comics Norwood store at 3 pm. Our Record Store Day 7" release PROMISE NOTHING comes out that day too:)

Transit just posted this on their fb page. I found out I will be working that weekend, if anyone could grab me up a copy I'll pay for yours and mine. I need this.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. As long as I end up with one, I'm happy. That split just seems so rad to me.

Most color copies are going to my local record store and the bands. You seriously have a better chance tracking down one of the 1500 black vinyl copies, I would guess. My distributor told me they were almost completely sold out two weeks ago.

BUT there will be a tiny handful of both black & color vinyl for mailorder, popping up randomly and unannounced in the webstore.

Also, looks like there is grey and tan copies too because of the color blending.

Oh man, this bums me out. Not a single store I've checked with have said they would get them, and I almost always miss webstore stuff because of my work hours.

I really hope I can get my hands on it, though. I really like POS and I'm a HUGE WEW fan.

Thank you for the heads up, anyway.

More details on some releases:

Cults - Abducted/Go Outside (remix)

Features two tracks, "Abducted" and "Go Outside (remix)." The "Go Outside" remix is exclusively available only on this Record Store Day 7".

Death Cab For Cutie - Atlantic Records Presents: Death Cab For Cutie In Living Stereo!

This exclusive Record Store Day 7" is the first place to hear new music from Death Cab. All songs will be on the new record in May. Pieces of new tracks featured are "Home is a Fire", "You Are A Tourist" and "Some Boys."

Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity

Deerhoof's Friend Opportunity is being reissued on vinyl this Record Store Day as a limited edition run of 1000 copies on limited 180-gram translucent green vinyl with an MP3 download card.The album is the first to feature guitarist John Dietrich and features the same line-up as appears on their recently released brand new album Deerhoof vs. Evil.

Deerhoof/Xiu Xiu - Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof

Xiu Xiu and Deerhoof collaborate on Side A of this limited edition (2000 pieces) 7", which is "Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof." The B-side is a brand new Xiu Xiu song called "Gregory Saunier Retaliation." MP3 download card included with every disc.

The Dodos - So Cold

This 7" features three Dodos tracks. "So Cold" (previously only released on iTunes) completes Side A. Side B includes "All Night" (only available as an Amazon digital only B-side) and "Horns," which can only be found on this Record Store Day 7" .

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues/Grown Ocean

First new Fleet Foxes music since 2008, side one of this 7" features the track "Helplessness Blues." The track "Grown Ocean" appears on side two of this double A side high quality pressing. Download card is also inside.

Matt & Kim - Block After Block

Two tracks are on this energetic Matt & Kim 7'". A remastered album version of "Block After Block" and a Rusty Lazer & JJ Marshall remix of "Cameras(Featuring Big Freedia)."

Midlake/Will Self - Am I Going Insane

The B side of this Am I Going Insane 12-inch is completely spoken word.

Peter Bjorn & John - Dig A Little Deeper/What I Could Do If I Wanted

Features the tracks "Dig A Little Deeper" and "What I Could Do If I Wanted," which is exclusive to this Record Store Day 7'.

Regina Spektor - Four From Far

This limited edition EP will contain the digital exclusive "Riot Gear", "The Sword & the Pen" and "Time Is All Around" from far Special Edition, and "Eet" from Live in London, now compiled together on this light blue vinyl for Record Store Day.

I'll be hitting Riverside CA, I get off work at 7am and will hopefully get their at about 9:30am.

Rhino Records???? Riverside has some killer record stores. I thought I was safe, because at this time of year I don't normally work on Saturday, but it's the big fishing derby that weekend so I'm screwed. Have fun ;D

Death Cab For Cutie - Atlantic Records Presents: Death Cab For Cutie In Living Stereo!

This exclusive Record Store Day 7" is the first place to hear new music from Death Cab. All songs will be on the new record in May. Pieces of new tracks featured are "Home is a Fire", "You Are A Tourist" and "Some Boys."

pieces of new tracks?

pieces of new tracks?

teaser vinylz. indie as fuck

I'll be hitting Riverside CA, I get off work at 7am and will hopefully get their at about 9:30am.

Rhino Records???? Riverside has some killer record stores. I thought I was safe, because at this time of year I don't normally work on Saturday, but it's the big fishing derby that weekend so I'm screwed. Have fun ;D

Would you say Mad Platter's is a better store than others?

i haven't been keeping up with rsd this year does anyone know if there is a way to look online & see what rsd stuff individual stores are getting ?

thanks

if your local store is on top of their game, they may have their own system set up to let people know what they're getting, but there is no central list. the store i help out at put their list up just yesterday.

More details on stuff:

Foo Fighters - Medium Rare

A previously unreleased collection of 12 cover songs performed by Foo Fighters on 120 gram 12" vinyl. Tracks included are "Band On The Run", "I Feel Free," "Life of Illusion," "Young Man Blues," "Bad Reputation," "Darling Nikki," "Down In The Park," "Baker Street," "Danny Says," "Have A Cigar," "Never Talking To You Again," "Gas Chamber," and "This Will Be Our Year."

Green Day/Husker Du - I Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely 

Part of the 7" Side by Side Series where an original artist and a cover artist do a track for a 7" exclusive to Record Store Day. Green Day pay homage to Husker Du with their cover of "I Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely." 

Nirvana - Hormoaning

This exclusive vinyl EP was originally only released in Australia as Nirvana's 1992 Tour EP. Record Store Day 2011 will be the first time Hormoaning is released stateside.  

Pearl Jam - Immortality/Rearviewmirror

"Immortality" originally appeared on Pearl Jam's 1994 full length Vitalogy. The B Side of this 7" is a cover of the Frogs' "Rearviewmirror."   

R.E.M - R.E.M THREE: First Three Singles From Collapse Into Now  

This three 7" package is exclusive to Record Store Day and features three b-side tracks never before issued in any form. Tracks included are "Mine Smell Like Honey"/"Supernatural Superserious", "Oh My Heart"/"Harborcoat", "Uberlin"/"What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (Live In Oslo, Norway)."

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Ramones - Havana Affair

Part of the 7" Side by Side Series where an original artist and a cover artist do a track for a 7" exclusive to Record Store Day. Red Hot Chili Peppers cover The Ramones' "Havana Affair."

Sonic Youth - Whore's Moaning  

This Whore's Moaning vinyl EP was originally released in Australia in 1993. Record Store Day 2011 is the first time it will be released stateside.