Jonny Craig's Great $8000-12800 Swindle: The Story

Guest markovianprocess

i'm a huge proponent of the oft overlooked 'innocent until proven guilty' part of the american justice system, so i'm reserving my judgement on the whole scamming/stealing from his fans thing for now. however, judging solely by his twitter, he seems like a huge pompous jerk of a human being.

but have you heard his glorious voice?! because he might rape you with it :P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, I would much rather align myself with a more duchampian dadaist philosophy revival, mixed with a post modern anti metanarrative school of thought and put a wet blanket on all these idealistic humanist fucks that are essentially just grasping for identity. Some people lack the capacity to ingest even a smudge of eastern thought, while modernists, indulgent and romanticizing continue to get off on existence."

That's where I stopped reading/caring.

"I got a 3.2 in Intro To Art & Philosophy in my community college online classes."

lol

thread will only be good when :

a.) rabid fans come on here to defend this man

or

b.) this man comes on here to defend himself.

I'm a big fan of Emarosa and DGD and I could give a fuck. I recognized he was a douchedick the first time I saw him perform. He kept saying "my band" and even referred to the guitar player as "my guitar player." I don't know, everything about him screamed huuuuuge dickbag.

Guest markovianprocess

Okay, so Emarosa didn't play the show in Buffalo, NY last night, and they haven't released any statement as to why they didn't. The 2 rumours at the moment are that: (1) Jonny has ran away to California (2) They've kicked him out and couldn't get a replacement singer in time for the show.

Guest markovianprocess

Tilian Pearson, the old singer from Tides of Man, is saying on his Facebook page that he is flying to Pittsburgh to fill in tonight for Jonny.

Is this anymore retarded than us sending cash to each other in exchange for records when we've never met the person we are dealing with? I'd think the official twitter account of a pseudo-celebrity is actually a more trustworthy source than a message board anyone can create an account on.

These people were not retarded and I do feel sorry for them.

Sorry bro, he's a terrible singer. Maybe it's because I'm not into bands that put image over content, but these bands are horrible.

I agree with this, but in this specific case, sending money to someone with a well-documented drug problem, even before this incident, is a bit of a red flag.

And whoever said he is a crappy singer, what?

Sorry, this dude is a horrible singer. Terrible bands too.

so...in a nutshell:

dude is a major douchebag drug addict, steals thousand of dollars from fans, is going to rehab, the label is paying back everyone he scammed (which means he lied about not scamming people), and he just gets to rejoin both bands and continue his life with no apparent consequences?

wow. this dude deserves to be arrested.

i sincerely hope all the people he ripped off don't settle with the label and continue to press charges against him. the label and his management are just continuing his cycle of deceit and drug abuse by more or less making him not accountable for his actions. it's like parents who always clean up their kids mistakes and bail them out of trouble. those kids never learn and wind up right back where they started.

i can almost guarantee you that this jerkoff will be back on drugs in no time, especially if he returns to the touring-with-2-bands lifestyle right away.

Guest markovianprocess
i sincerely hope all the people he ripped off don't settle with the label and continue to press charges against him. the label and his management are just continuing his cycle of deceit and drug abuse by more or less making him not accountable for his actions. it's like parents who always clean up their kids mistakes and bail them out of trouble. those kids never learn and wind up right back where they started.

i can almost guarantee you that this jerkoff will be back on drugs in no time, especially if he returns to the touring-with-2-bands lifestyle right away.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm in touch with about 30 of these people and they are just so genuinely thankful to be getting their money back at all. Many of them are students and in low paying jobs. Jonny does deserve some jail time or at least some sort of reprimand, but these people have suffered enough.