The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sir, only on the TC website for the limited edition one.

ps. does the TC website charge you right when you buy it? or when they ship it?

I'll check now for ya. I paid through Paypal.

*Well it hasn't come out of my account yet.

The email says my payment will be charged when TC process the order.

Dunno man. I read somone that said it charged their CC straight away.

Not sure if there is a delay through paypal.

yes sir, only on the TC website for the limited edition one.

ps. does the TC website charge you right when you buy it? or when they ship it?

I'll check now for ya. I paid through Paypal.

*Well it hasn't come out of my account yet.

The email says my payment will be charged when TC process the order.

Dunno man. I read somone that said it charged their CC straight away.

Not sure if there is a delay through paypal.

yah it charged me...will see what happens.

thanks mann

This is going to be at HT, right??? I'm kind of debating getting this because I don't know how well I trust Media Mail to get it to me safely and I don't want to spend $17 on shipping.

Travis???

EDIT: Fuck me! I ordered it. Cheap shipping. I figured you're paying more for greater delivery speed and not necessarily more safety.

Might hold off buying that set until this album leaks...don't want 9 10" discs of...shit...

But then again, if it sells out, and I really dig it, I'll be pissed that I didn't buy it.

And I need to buy the Bleed American repress AND the tour pressing of SSTB.

What's with all these ballin' releases...freakin...record store day.

i was just at the TC site, and noticed on their twitter feed something about manchester being involved in the red ep.

dunno if anyone saw the teaser they released a while ago, but it sounded like they were goin HAM on red.

This is going to be at HT, right??? I'm kind of debating getting this because I don't know how well I trust Media Mail to get it to me safely and I don't want to spend $17 on shipping.

Travis???

EDIT: Fuck me! I ordered it. Cheap shipping. I figured you're paying more for greater delivery speed and not necessarily more safety.

You can only get the deluxe vinyl package from Triple Crown. The vinyl at HT will just be a single or double LP with a selection of the songs like the CD version, so you didn't really have much of a choice ;)

It if makes you feel any better, I didn't have an option for media mail and it cost $57.70 for shipping to Australia!!

Anyone have any pics of the full package?

I haven't seen anything other than the photos I posted near the bottom of the last page. Would love to see more, if they're out there.

Agreed I'm excited to see what they've done with the package. If it's half as awesome as the Alchemy Index set this will be amazing.

While I do agree, you've got to admit that if they just slapped the records into individual sleeves and tossed it in a box, it wouldn't be able to compete with TAI. Stuff that I'm probably taking for granted - like a hardcover or case, beautiful interior design, and insightful liner notes - were executed flawlessly with Thrice's boxset. Just my opinion. But for $80, I would think (and hope) that The Color Spectrum is at least on par, you know? The concept is phenomenal; as long as they don't skimp out on the finer details, such as the booklet, I feel like it'll be worth every penny. And that it could quite possibly dwarf the Alchemy set, which is no small feat.

Either way you look at it. Jazzed.

I totally feel you but I don't think that after all this hype there is anyway they would skimp on those details to the extent of paper sleeves in a flimsy box, you know what I mean. Of course its going to be quite detailed. Whether or not its going to be as good of an outer shell as the Alchemy was for the packaging, I don't know but there's no way its going to be lame. Not after all the hype. I could totally be wrong but I don't see it being shitty. It may not be exactly as perfect as some die-hards might expect but its going to be sturdy and thoughtful, I'm sure.

I love dorkin' out with you on vinyl, man. That bond might be just the reason why we have comparable smite marks against us. :)

they always do a great job with their art work, so i agree that it seems unlikely that they would do this lightly.

i hate that this is coming out at such a financially bad time. definitely going to have to find this on ebay down the road. blah.

I totally feel you but I don't think that after all this hype there is anyway they would skimp on those details to the extent of paper sleeves in a flimsy box, you know what I mean. Of course its going to be quite detailed. Whether or not its going to be as good of an outer shell as the Alchemy was for the packaging, I don't know but there's no way its going to be lame. Not after all the hype. I could totally be wrong but I don't see it being shitty. It may not be exactly as perfect as some die-hards might expect but its going to be sturdy and thoughtful, I'm sure.

This is true. I know the whole package has been talked about for quite a while... and presumably in the works for a respectable amount of time thus far. Hopefully it won't suffer from the relentless delays that the Thrice boxset did.

But, anyway. You're correct. I am in fact super pleased with the Acts I + II, and Act III vinyl releases. Packaging and all. If they can maintain that level of detail and beauty for the entire Spectrum release, I think we will indeed have a winner on our hands.

I love dorkin' out with you on vinyl, man. That bond might be just the reason why we have comparable smite marks against us. :)

Hah, absolutely. I do seem to run into your posts in every good release thread. At least the ones I frequent.

they always do a great job with their art work, so i agree that it seems unlikely that they would do this lightly.

i hate that this is coming out at such a financially bad time. definitely going to have to find this on ebay down the road. blah.

This is rough. I'm sorry to hear you can't swing the $80 at the moment. But it's totally understandable, I think: it's a lot of cash to throw around. At least for me, in this economy. I only made it happen because I knew that the behemoth boxset was looming on the horizon. Tried squirreling a few bucks from each paycheck into a Dear Hunter fund. Probably the only band I've done that with, for what it's worth.

Despite being a pretty elaborate boxset, I don't think you'll have too much trouble scoring one down the road. TDH haven't exactly exploded with fame quite yet, so I feel like a little luck on eBay would suffice. I also think that this release is going to polarize a lot of the band's fans, to be honest.

Just avoid those lazylabrador BINs and you'll be fine.

from the pre-order page that is now live...

This is a pre order that will be available 6/14/2011

Limited Edition box set, contains 16 page booklet, digital download card of the complete collection and Nine 10" colored vinyl. Vinyl colors will match their respective EPs in the collection: Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet and White.

Black

1. Never Forgive, Never Forget

2. Filth And Squalor

3. Take More Than You Need

4. This Body

Red

1. I Couldn't Do It Alone

2. A Curse Of Cynicism

3. Deny It All

4. We've Got A Score To Settle

Orange

1. Echo