minus the bear - gigantic on vinyl?

posted on their site today:

Do you find yourself asking the question: “What has Minus the Bear been up to this year?”

by Dave on February 25, 2011

If so, here are your answers.

1. Writing new jams at the practice space.

2. Finalizing the “Hold Me Down” video. (Hint: It’s awesome.)

3. Planning a springtime USA mini-tour and other shows.

4. Losing hearing from playing new riffs too loudly in basement.

5. Realizing in September it’ll be 10 years since “Gigantic” was released. (Vinyl maybe?)

6. Getting hungry for tacos.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omni just had the absolute perfect summer vibe. and i really havent listened to it much since summer for that matter. but i still think its a great record; even the weaker tracks still have redeeming qualities.

i find the minus the bear discography to be diverse enough (in sound... not so much content) that i dont really lump any of the albums together.

kind of look at their albums the same way i do with brand new. love each of them individually without having to compare one to the next.

Omni is kind of weak. Had a good Summer vibe but also comes with some negative nostalgic associations for me personally. Obviously can't fault it for the personal shit but still, the album itself was a bit of a letdown. There are definitely worse things to listen to though. "Excuses" and "Dayglow Vista Road" are quite exceptional. I remember seeing the youtube video in the studio of Jake recording dubs for what became the latter and I knew I'd love that song from that.

Omni had some good jams but I found the lyrics to be the one thing that kept me from getting into it. They used to be somewhat vague and metaphoric but this new shit just takes all the fun and mystery out of it. Also, I wish someone would smash that omnichord device into many, many little pieces.

there is also a repress of HRP in the works.

seriously? source? that would be awesome.

i sent an email to david at SS to see if they were sitting on any copies of HRP because i have been searching for it and can't afford to pay 80+ for it. he told me that they plan to repress it later this year.

seriously? source? that would be awesome.

i sent an email to david at SS to see if they were sitting on any copies of HRP because i have been searching for it and can't afford to pay 80+ for it. he told me that they plan to repress it later this year.

hmm, anyone want a copy for $80? i paid way too much for HRP, but that album is one of my personal favorites... i hope they do a repress.

and Gigantic would be sweet as well.