Oh Ben Weasel, You Dinosaur, You! (SXSW Fight)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude made a mistake. Seems like there's a lot of self-righteous "stone throwers" talking a lot of shit. Like they never did something dumb, made a mistake. Well when they do, I hope they get a reaction equal to the one they have given to this situation, the exact same lack of understanding and forgiveness. Dude apologized, he can't take it back.

Goin' and goin' and goin'...

Are we seriously calling him a woman beater now? For punching one girl and hitting another with very womanly looking slaps?

Hell, I bet the girl he punched could hit harder than he hit her. ::)

This doesn't look like "womanly looking slaps"

[image]

Just throwing it out there that this chick's biceps look bigger than his.

Ben made a bad play, he shouldn't of hit those women, no matter how smarmy they were acting. That being said, I totally support the guy. We've all made poor choices in our lives, and the last thing we wanted afterwards was the whole world coming down on us for it. He will figure things out and get back on his feet, and hopefully people will forgive and move on.

So who's left? The Queers and Ben?

Shot Baker is still planning to play.

i'm assuming these bands are as well:

KURT BAKER, VISITORS, SONIC AVENUES, THE STEVE ADAMYK BAND

Did Toys That Kill cancel? the Manges? I'm assuming the Jetty Boys won't be welcome to play

I still don't know if the Riverdales broke up too?

the Manges say on their facebook that they're playing (assuming it's still going on)

We condemn violence, and we think Ben Weasel made a huge mistake.

Having said that, the buzz in the scene put us in the position of canceling our show at the Fest and be with the good guys, turning our back to Dan, Ben and Screeching Weasel, judging a man and his band's history for a single despicable episode, or forever be in the same team with the bad Republican wifebeaters.

We don't accept this and, as far as we know, we will play Chicago on May 29th, unless the Fest will not happen.

It was supposed to be a great party and sure it's doesn't look like this anymore, now that many of our friends won't be there and we understand them, but playing that show doesn't really make us feel like we're standing for any wrong issue. Sharing the stage with a man that already apologized for his bad behavior is ok for us. It's no nazi-rock we're talking about here.

We are not professional rockstars and it doesn't matter if this will be a good or bad choice for our career.

Our fans will probably understand - or they won't care anyway.

and this is from Wednesday, and I'm not sure if the letter from Dan and co. had been released before they wrote this

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESSSSSSSSZZZzzzzzZ??>????

yeah, none of this "will they or won't they?" talk will matter if there is no weaselfest... I'm hoping for a stripped down, one night version with ben being backed by the other bands (the queers, the manges, etc.), and I'm hoping tickets will become available again :)

anyone see this article? http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/03/the-dollyrots-kelly-ogden-tackles-the-screeching-weasel-fiasco-it-should-not-erase-his-whole-career-.html

long story short: she kicked a guy in the face during a concert for "heckling her and making lewd facial gestures," yet seems hesitant to forgive Ben for actin' a fool for getting a beer in the face, ice to the eye, and spit on.

anyone see this article? http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/03/the-dollyrots-kelly-ogden-tackles-the-screeching-weasel-fiasco-it-should-not-erase-his-whole-career-.html

long story short: she kicked a guy in the face during a concert for "heckling her and making lewd facial gestures," yet seems hesitant to forgive Ben for actin' a fool for getting a beer in the face, ice to the eye, and spit on.

did you read the article? she reflected on her own incident and was embarrassed by it. she also said ben did something wrong, but it shouldn't paint him as a misogynist for one single act he's not normally known for. i don't think there was any hesitation. she was coming to his defense as a female.

did you read the article? she reflected on her own incident and was embarrassed by it. she also said ben did something wrong, but it shouldn't paint him as a misogynist for one single act he's not normally known for. i don't think there was any hesitation. she was coming to his defense as a female.

I was referring mainly to

If asked, then, would Ogden consider touring again with Screeching Weasel? The band leader took a moment before she answered.

"In a while," she said. "I think so. Yes."

After reading the article, I was expecting a "Hell yeah! Sign me up!" or something more emphatic. It seemed like she said all of the "right" things up until then, but kinda backed off at the end.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':2j2p9gmf]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':2j2p9gmf]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');