Oh Ben Weasel, You Dinosaur, You! (SXSW Fight)

To say "Ben Weasel punches two women" is factually inaccurate. He whiffed his punch to the girl who spat beer in his face and gayly tapped the other one. And to be fair, the second girl attacked him from behind and kinda looked like a dude to me. The first one was poor form, but again, he attempted to punch her.

If Jeff Ott can rape women and Larry Livermore and fuck underage boys then we can allow Ben Weasel to throw a few lame ducks at some annoying broads.

so you are saying since someone raped someone else, it's ok to punch a woman? and then trying to get applause for said antics is ok?

your facts are not accurate either. you can say all you want about how hard he hit both of those women, but unless you are that person your take on the story is clearly your own opinion. not fact.

i don't condone violence against women. I also don't condone throwing beer at someone on purpose or pelting someone in the face with shit. i'm also not too surprised at this. you taunt someone enough and shit will happen. the first girl was clearly wrong as well, but a beer throwing/spitting doesn't really constitute a punch in the face. he should have got her kicked out. she's a shitty person, but to condone his behavior and try to say it's ok because some other punker (jeff) did something else even more horrid is just grasping at straws to try to prove a point.

he knew he was wrong as well. but we don't really know if his apology was forced or if he really truly is apologetic. that's the big kicker.. only time will tell.

the poeple i feel sorry for are those 4 hurt when a crane fell on them at stubbs.. so aweful.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't want to play sxsw then fucking don't. i can't stand prima donna musicians like this who talk shit on sxsw when it brings exposure to hundreds of up and coming bands.

if you're fine being an asshole with the success you already have, get the fuck out.

the fact that people were cheering makes me sick. i was actually at sxsw and i didn't find it to be soulless at all. what a pretentious douche.

so you are saying since someone raped someone else, it's ok to punch a woman? and then trying to get applause for said antics is ok?

your facts are not accurate either. you can say all you want about how hard he hit both of those women, but unless you are that person your take on the story is clearly your own opinion. not fact.

i don't condone violence against women. I also don't condone throwing beer at someone on purpose or pelting someone in the face with shit. i'm also not too surprised at this. you taunt someone enough and shit will happen. the first girl was clearly wrong as well, but a beer throwing/spitting doesn't really constitute a punch in the face. he should have got her kicked out. she's a shitty person, but to condone his behavior and try to say it's ok because some other punker (jeff) did something else even more horrid is just grasping at straws to try to prove a point.

he knew he was wrong as well. but we don't really know if his apology was forced or if he really truly is apologetic. that's the big kicker.. only time will tell.

To borrow from Ryan, the post went over your head. It's was less about excusing Ben Weasel and more about indicting punk rock types in general. It was also an indictment of us, who excuse the poor and in some cases criminal behavior of people that we are fond of. The fact is, Ben Weasel is not slimiest punk musician out there, but since he has always been a target of people's hostility I'm sure that this scandal will linger longer than say the one about Greg Graffin jerking off on a webcam in front of a fifteen year old.

TBR are out...

"Chicago, we're cancelling our appearance at Weaselfest in May. Apologies to anyone who wanted to see us, Chicago has always been one of our favorite places to play, however we had to cancel for obvious reasons."

I don't see what is obvious about this. You can easily take the opinion that Ben fucked up, but canceling the show does nothing to make the situation any better, only deprives people of a band they wanted to see.

i don't condone violence against women. I also don't condone throwing beer at someone on purpose or pelting someone in the face with shit. I'm also not too surprised at this. you taunt someone enough and shit will happen. the first girl was clearly wrong as well, but a beer throwing/spitting doesn't really constitute a punch in the face. he should have got her kicked out. she's a shitty person, but to condone his behavior and try to say it's OK because some other punker (Jeff) did something else even more horrid is just grasping at straws to try to prove a point.

To borrow from Ryan, the post went over your head. It's was less about excusing Ben Weasel and more about indicting punk rock types in general. It was also an indictment of us, who excuse the poor and in some cases criminal behavior of people that we are fond of. The fact is, Ben Weasel is not slimiest punk musician out there, but since he has always been a target of people's hostility I'm sure that this scandal will linger longer than say the one about Greg Graffin jerking off on a webcam in front of a fifteen year old.

now that i read it as a whole i guess it makes sense, but i was reading it in parts. but from that small sentence that was not legible to begin with, you can't fault us. if you read it again you're stating Jeff raped women, Larry, and underage boys. which is basically wrong by 2 degrees. :P as far as it's scandal lingering.. you have it wrong, Jeff's shit still is brought up for every punk rock scandal anyone does, someone will always say "at least he's not Jeff and raped women" like many others have done on countless occasions. ben's already apologized anyway, but who knows if it's genuine. for now we can only assume.

I'm sure this will die down within a week. well, till his next round of shenanigans occurs. but like jeff being a rapist, ben will always be known as the graduate of the IKE TURNER SCHOOL OF BEATING WOMEN class of 2011. you can't take that away from him or excuse him from it.

now that i read it as a whole i guess it makes sense, but i was reading it in parts. but from that small sentence that was not legible to begin with, you can't fault us. if you read it again you're stating Jeff raped women, Larry, and underage boys. which is basically wrong by 2 degrees. :P as far as it's scandal lingering.. you have it wrong, Jeff's shit still is brought up for every punk rock scandal anyone does, someone will always say "at least he's not Jeff and raped women" like many others have done on countless occasions. ben's already apologized anyway, but who knows if it's genuine. for now we can only assume.

I'm sure this will die down within a week. well, till his next round of shenanigans occurs. but like jeff being a rapist, ben will always be known as the graduate of the IKE TURNER SCHOOL OF BEATING WOMEN class of 2011. you can't take that away from him or excuse him from it.

I'd like to adequately respond to this, but I'm not sure what two degrees I'm wrong by. I get the one about Jeff Ott, which I disagree with. The fact of the matter is, if you look at Jeff Ott's Wikipedia page, there is no mention of him raping two women and attempting to rape a third. There is, however, a paragraph dedicated to the fight on Ben Weasel's. Could you clarify?

I'd like to adequately respond to this, but I'm not sure what two degrees I'm wrong by. I get the one about Jeff Ott, which I disagree with. The fact of the matter is, if you look at Jeff Ott's Wikipedia page, there is no mention of him raping two women and attempting to rape a third. There is, however, a paragraph dedicated to the fight on Ben Weasel's. Could you clarify?

two degrees, of 3, you said he raped women, young boys and larry. he didnt rape larry or any young boys, women yes, but that's pretty much it. hence my smiley tongue face to let you know i knew what you were getting at. your punctuation and grammar usage indicated something different.

As to the wiki/ben thing; probably because it's current and someone decided to put it up there. that happens all the time. ask toby jegg about all the stuff people have posted in wiki about him. however jeff's crime was so long ago, but it's more something everyone knows (unless they haven't been into the whole punk scene long) and is always in the back of everyone's mind. you know it, i know it.. most people know it. all his fans know and anyone who's seen his shows after he cleaned up knows it. not saying he (jeff) still isn't a high and mighty jerk as well. but ben's incident is current, hence why it's up there. you don't see greg's stuff on wiki either. i'm sure ben's incident will be off wiki in a matter of weeks or months and it'll be in the back of everyone's mind like all his other incidents.

two degrees, of 3, you said he raped women, young boys and larry. he didnt rape larry or any young boys, women yes, but that's pretty much it. hence my smiley tongue face to let you know i knew what you were getting at. your punctuation and grammar usage indicated something different.

As to the wiki/ben thing; probably because it's current and someone decided to put it up there. that happens all the time. ask toby jegg about all the stuff people have posted in wiki about him. however jeff's crime was so long ago, but it's more something everyone knows (unless they haven't been into the whole punk scene long) and is always in the back of everyone's mind. you know it, i know it.. most people know it. all his fans know and anyone who's seen his shows after he cleaned up knows it. not saying he (jeff) still isn't a high and mighty jerk as well. but ben's incident is current, hence why it's up there. you don't see greg's stuff on wiki either. i'm sure ben's incident will be off wiki in a matter of weeks or months and it'll be in the back of everyone's mind like all his other incidents.

HAHAHA!!! Hilarious if you really read it as he raped Larry Livermore!

I've edited the post to keep others from that same stomach churning mental image.

HAHAHA!!! Hilarious if you really read it as he raped Larry Livermore!

I've edited the post to keep others from that same stomach churning mental image.

thankyou. i dont' really think anyone needs that picture in their mind of jeff having sex with larry.. ugh..

I can't believe some of the shit this story has stirred up. "I'm in favor of sexual equality and therefore it is OK to hit a woman." It is never OK to hit a woman, there is a difference. If you disagree with that; you're not progressive, you're an asshole.

So who is it OK to hit?

There are limited circumstances where hitting another man is justifiable where hitting a woman for the same offense would not be.

TBR are out...

"Chicago, we're cancelling our appearance at Weaselfest in May. Apologies to anyone who wanted to see us, Chicago has always been one of our favorite places to play, however we had to cancel for obvious reasons."

I don't see what is obvious about this. You can easily take the opinion that Ben fucked up, but canceling the show does nothing to make the situation any better, only deprives people of a band they wanted to see.

obvious: everyone knows why they canceled. they don't want to be associated with him for the actions he had here in austin. sure people will be bummed, but it is because of his actions that they dropped. don't do something stupid if you aren't willing to take consequences for your actions. he can't do what he did and expect everything to be all hunky dory afterwards, there was bound to be some form of backlash. apology or not. i'm sure people will understand.