PO: Moving Mountains - Waves

My clear copy got mangled. I managed to flatten it using the glass trick but I emailed them and asked for a replacement jacket and suggested they mail these in LP mailers even if that means folding the poster. They sent me a replacement LP on a gold/orangish color that arrived in perfect condition but included a postage paid thing for me to "send back the damaged vinyl".

I just ask for a jacket! I don't want to send back my clear LP...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sent me a replacement LP on a gold/orangish color that arrived in perfect condition but included a postage paid thing for me to "send back the damaged vinyl".

They asked me to send my original back after shipping me a gold copy that was warped worse than the clear. I said no, ill keep both and maybe I can make due with using a record clamp on the sides that arent dished. There's absolutely no reason for them to pay to ship back a damaged record. I ordered a clear copy cause that's what I wanted, damnit! Their fault for shipping it like that.

My clear copy got mangled. I managed to flatten it using the glass trick but I emailed them and asked for a replacement jacket and suggested they mail these in LP mailers even if that means folding the poster. They sent me a replacement LP on a gold/orangish color that arrived in perfect condition but included a postage paid thing for me to "send back the damaged vinyl".

Send the orange record back with the fucked up sleeve?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think they done goofed, and lost track of which colors their albums are pressed on.  I was surprised to see them mention (and use a photo of) a clear variant – seemed like an odd repress color since, you know, it was the most limited variant and exclusive to pre-orders back in the day.  And sure enough, if you click on the link they provided, you can see the clear is already sold out.  I'm assuming they meant to advertise the new yellow copies as a repress, and maybe had a few extra clear sitting around to sell with them.

When I saw the band advertising the clear, I checked the site and it did say it was in stock, though now it says sold out.

Edit: just checked TC's Merchdirect page and you can order clear, which is the only choice.

Triple Crown's Instagram says the new clear pressing is limited to 400 and no one has given any clarification about the fact that they limited clear to 300 on the initial run. What's the point of a super limited color if you're going to repress the same color later?