Take the indie cred test.

"53. Does the time you devote to listening to your records count as “work” in your brain because of an internal OCD need to properly classify everything?"

My time buying and listening to records always counted as "work" to me because I was a music journalist and needed to have as much knowledge as I could. That, of course, is bullshit. Mostly.

The six-eye thing is hilarious. I didn't even bat an eye at that one and then had a good long laugh at my own gayness.

So apparently I should see a therapist because every single piece of vinyl I own is in a paper/plastic inner sleeve and is stored behind the jacket in a plastic sleeve. Fuck, I really am fucking weird about that. I even keep the original inner sleeve in the jacket even if it's just a simple white generic.

So apparently I should see a therapist because every single piece of vinyl I own is in a paper/plastic inner sleeve and is stored behind the jacket in a plastic sleeve. Fuck, I really am fucking weird about that. I even keep the original inner sleeve in the jacket even if it's just a simple white generic.

Same here. Just makes you super cool is all.

Same here. Just makes you super cool is all.

I have always been a bit obsessed with the condition of my records. Because of this, people tend to think I don't play my em which is false. I will say that paper/plastic inners sure as shit do a world of good and makes it where I don't have to deal with the damn "paper marks" from generic inners.

104. Does your day job merely support your record buying habit?

66. Do you have a closet dedicated solely to record mailers?

- It's like it knows me.

One time I put out the recycling and had a stack of mailers so big it wouldn't fit in the can with the lid down. They refused to pick it up because the lid wouldn't shut. I had to rein it in after that.

But I will say this: at least we don't have all that dumb chrome shit on our cars and buy a bunch of shit that's made to get one pussy. We just do our thing. Fuck, even if you don't listen to your records it's still ok. So long as you like the music who cares. Mostly I feel as though I'm an archivist of sorts. I have the ultimate library of good music. It's always going to sound great, it's always going to be fun to look at (and big enough to appreciate) and it's tangible. Fuck the haters.

One time I put out the recycling and had a stack of mailers so big it wouldn't fit in the can with the lid down. They refused to pick it up because the lid wouldn't shut. I had to rein it in after that.

But I will say this: at least we don't have all that dumb chrome shit on our cars and buy a bunch of shit that's made to get one pussy. We just do our thing. Fuck, even if you don't listen to your records it's still ok. So long as you like the music who cares. Mostly I feel as though I'm an archivist of sorts. I have the ultimate library of good music. It's always going to sound great, it's always going to be fun to look at (and big enough to appreciate) and it's tangible. Fuck the haters.

+1

61. Have you ever bought a record on black vinyl in order to flip the one you owned on color?

Fess up. All of you.

Guilty as charged...

[/D. Cox]