Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe how many people im seeing buying from amazon... when travis is literally telling us hot topic will have it for half the price after shipping.

next person whos gonna buy one at amazon... give me $25 instead. ill buy us both a copy.

i cant believe how many people im seeing buying from amazon... when travis is literally telling us hot topic will have it for half the price after shipping.

next person whos gonna buy one at amazon... give me $25 instead. ill buy us both a copy.

I think a lot of people bought it before he posted that...

And also, he still doesn't have definite date for when these will be up...

Yes, the majority of us got it at the $12.71 price tag. I know I did as well as a bunch of us who were posting at the beginning of this thread.

This includes me, also got free shipping with prime.

same and same, which also figures to be less than buying at hot topic after taxes. and if you include gas for transportation... just sayin'.

Holy shit, guys! lol Its only gonna be $11.99. You really care that much if you get 20% off of that. That price is already beyond a miracle considering that eBay is been our only option for like 6 years, not to mention the fact that these LP's have come from out of fucking NOWHERE which is miraculous enough in its own right. I'm not trying to be jerk or anything...I'm just sayin... ;)

Haha, well... although getting 20% off of the $11.99 would be nice, I was hoping it'd be in this weekend because the Hot Topic I go to is an hour away. And I didn't want to have to make the drive again soon. Not a big deal, but still.

Got mine today from Amazon as well. I'm amazed it came in perfect condition the way they package thier records. I know same old song and dance, but big ole box and one singe air pack loosely placed in the box is a joke.

This was the first time I got a record from Amazon is a decent manner. It was a 15x12 box. PLENTY of bubble wrap for no movement inside the box. Thanks Amazon. The worst was when I ordered 2 copies of Failure - Fantastic Planet from them. They came in 2 separate GIGANTIC boxes with a tiny amount of bubble wrap. I was amazed that there was no damage what so ever.

So I guess we can assume they printed more? Or found a ton in a warehouse somewhere?
was there ever a consensus as to if this is still first press or a repress?

Im sure its just a repress thats a duplicate of the first press. There is no way they just found this many copies of the album somewhere.

I found the thread where I mentioned the first two pressings. Can someone confirm which these resemble?

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46371

I ended up with two different sealed copies of Modest Mouse's "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" and I've noticed some differences between the two. My FTP logins are on my other computer so I can't attach pictures right now, but here's what I've noticed:

Version One (assumed first pressing)

- Has a square sticker with the singles listed on it. The sticker has a catalog number of 87125 S1

- Epic logo on back sleeve has the hashed oval around it

Version Two (assumed second pressing)

- Has a large square sticker with the singles listed, images of an LP and headphones, and mentions the inclusion of a download code. The sticker has a catalog number of 87125 S2

- Epic logo on back is the "classic" cursive logo with no border

All other information (catalog, UPC, copyright, spine) is identical. Stands to reason the the first, without the download code would be a first pressing.

I found the thread where I mentioned the first two pressings. Can someone confirm which these resemble?

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46371

I ended up with two different sealed copies of Modest Mouse's "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" and I've noticed some differences between the two. My FTP logins are on my other computer so I can't attach pictures right now, but here's what I've noticed:

Version One (assumed first pressing)

- Has a square sticker with the singles listed on it. The sticker has a catalog number of 87125 S1

- Epic logo on back sleeve has the hashed oval around it

Version Two (assumed second pressing)

- Has a large square sticker with the singles listed, images of an LP and headphones, and mentions the inclusion of a download code. The sticker has a catalog number of 87125 S2

- Epic logo on back is the "classic" cursive logo with no border

All other information (catalog, UPC, copyright, spine) is identical. Stands to reason the the first, without the download code would be a first pressing.

Good lookin' out. I don't have them in front of me but I'm pretty sure mine are version two based on the Epic logo and sticker variations from memory.