Let's talk about this Death Cab For Cutie RSD 7"

What a colossal waste of money and resources. Super-flimsy vinyl, no packaging, AND THE EXACT SAME FUCKING SONG SNIPPETS ON THE A-SIDE AND THE B-SIDE. I picked it up for the novelty factor but thought at least the B-side would be different than the A-side, but nope! Total piece of shit release.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just posted this on their facebook:

We have become aware of some confusion as to what the limited 'In Living Stereo' 7" offered at Record Store day contains. It is the audio to this piece (http://tiny.cc/3nzh1), there are no full songs. We originally meant it to be a promotional item to be given away and somehow our desires for this got lost in execution. It is definitely not the fault of record stores, we take full responsibility. Now that you know what the 'In Living Stereo' 7" contains and if you want to own this limited release, feel free to buy it. Your purchase supports independent record stores. Our deepest apologies to anyone who already picked up the 7" with differing expectations and was disappointed. We intend to offer you something to help you feel better about that purchase. Check back here on Monday for more on this. Thank you.

yeah, we covered that in the initial rsd thread. it was advertised as a preview of the new album. so happy i read that before shopping, because i wouldnt have passed it up at $3.50