City & Colour • Sometimes : The Thread

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the very first order I ever placed with SRC was Glassjaw's "Worship & Tribute" on the day the preorders went up, and they waited until the day it was supposed to be released to cancel my order. So unfortunately because of that one incident, every preorder or order in general I make on that site, I'm always gonna be a little worried about how it's gonna turn out. I'll still keep giving them the benefit of the doubt though. Damn them for having so much good shit...

ok, i got a response.

here's my original email:

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:56 AM

To: Shop Radio Cast

Subject: question RE: city & colour releases

Hello! I have 2 questions. I live in the US. Prior to the City & Colour pre-orders yesterday, Justin from Dine Alone had said that they could not ship Little Hell to addresses in the US, and the only way to get it would be through Hot Topic (HT), or Vagrant. Yesterday Dine Alone posted a link to pre-orders (through SRC somehow?) and people were purchasing Little Hell and having it shipped to the US. I only purchased Sometimes because I thought that Little Hell had to be purchased through HT.

So, first question: If I order Little Hell through you guys, will i be guaranteed to have a copy it shipped to my US address?

If the answer to the first question is yes, can I combine the orders/shipping?

Thanks so much!

Allison

here is the response:

fromShop Radio Cast [email protected]

toAllison E Frank

dateThu, May 12, 2011 at 10:51 AM

subjectRE: question RE: city & colour releases

Hi Allison,

I have been looking at this email since it came in and I really don't know what to tell you. If we are going to cancel orders we will cancel them once they come in and not weeks later. If you want to bring up the glassjaw issue then by all means but what happened with that release happened to EVERYONE not just us. Even the mighty Amazon!

We can and will bundle/combine any orders you ask us too. That is just how we rock and roll =) Let me know and i will take care of it asap.

Thanks again for shopping with Dine Alone Records and SRC.

Have a great weekend.

Danny

i dont understand why Dine Alone is saying a US order from DA/SRC would probably be cancelled at checkout and SRC is saying that it won't, and that they 'don't know how to respond' to my pretty straight forward question.

i'm more curious than anything now, as i'm definitely ordering Little Hell from Hot Topic just because of these bizarre answers.

to clarify: i'm not saying anything bad about either DA or SRC as neither of them have done anything personally to me to warrant it, i'm just wondering why everyone seems so confused.

I don't see what the real confusion is. Dine Alone won't ship to US addresses, but they're shipping to SRC, who is a border store and I assume has a Canadian address. They then pack shit up, drive across the border, and mail to the US customers.

Dine Alone said they wouldn't ship before they crashed and SRC had to be brought in. SRC's involvement changes things.

You have nothing to lose, really. Pre-order it, and maybe you'll get it. If not, oh well, wait til it shows up in HT. I really can't imagine SRC will try and pull a fast one on everyone somehow.

I don't see what the real confusion is. Dine Alone won't ship to US addresses, but they're shipping to SRC, who is a border store and I assume has a Canadian address. They then pack shit up, drive across the border, and mail to the US customers.

Dine Alone said they wouldn't ship before they crashed and SRC had to be brought in. SRC's involvement changes things.

You have nothing to lose, really. Pre-order it, and maybe you'll get it. If not, oh well, wait til it shows up in HT. I really can't imagine SRC will try and pull a fast one on everyone somehow.

if that's the case, then why would DA say that the US orders from SRC would probably get cancelled at checkout, and then SRC say they 'didn't know how to respond' to my email asking whether i could have it shipped to my US address, then bring up an album i didn't even mention?

This sounds like it's being handled a bit sloppily (sp?)...I'm not into C&C but just reading the thread for shits and giggles and I'm confused as all hell...

Maybe I'm having a blonde day (no offense Allison) but I am failing to grasp and fully comprehend how a label (Dine Alone) can say right out of the gate that you can't order Little Hell if you have a U.S. address...then SRC steps in (I guess) with having them to order and people from the U.S. do so but yet they're told by DA that your order more than likely will be cancelled since you live in the U.S...and now SRC is saying that no orders will be cancelled or at least according to Danny's response to Allison's email.

Goddamnit this is giving me a headache...

Completely correct in calling this a clusterfuck!

edit: Matt pretty much makes it clear on how this is all supposedly working out...

Just to get in for a sec here, I dong think SRC needed to "jump in" and change the game at any point, from what I understand the plan has always been to use SRC as the store. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just what I took from it.

then why would DA say that US customers could not order from their store because Vagrant had the license here, and SRC allows US orders to be processed?