City & Colour • Sometimes : The Thread

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll back that LMAO with a ROFL.

It is hard work indeed to avoid answering a direct question asked by several people many times through various means of communication. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to put up a preorder and take peoples' money when it's unclear if you'll even be able to sell the records.

I'll back that LMAO with a ROFLCOPTER.
It is hard work indeed to avoid answering a direct question asked by several people many times through various means of communication. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to put up a preorder and take peoples' money when it's unclear if you'll even be able to sell the records.

I know, it cost the Virge his message board. :P

for the record:

after SRC refused to answer my question regarding Little Hell, I emailed Vagrant out of frustration to clear up the confusion. They told me that SRC/Dine Alone are not supposed to be mailing Canadian copies of LH to the US unless they were importing them, which would then result in a higher price tag for US customers. Unless the label or SRC are just eating the cost of importing the albums, that's obviously not the case.

however, the rep from Vagrant also added that there's really nothing they can do about it, and it wouldn't be worth their time to try to stop SRC/DA from doing it.

so yes, you will get your copy of the record, but no, not in a kosher way. (unless the above mentioned importing scenario is in play)

for the record:

after SRC refused to answer my question regarding Little Hell, I emailed Vagrant out of frustration to clear up the confusion. They told me that SRC/Dine Alone are not supposed to be mailing Canadian copies of LH to the US unless they were importing them, which would then result in a higher price tag for US customers. Unless the label or SRC are just eating the cost of importing the albums, that's obviously not the case.

however, the rep from Vagrant also added that there's really nothing they can do about it, and it wouldn't be worth their time to try to stop SRC/DA from doing it.

so yes, you will get your copy of the record, but no, not in a kosher way. (unless the above mentioned importing scenario is in play)

thanks for sorting this all out

you guys seem to get really touchy about this for some reason.

i like DA's releases, i ordered Sometimes, and plan on ordering Little Hell when it comes out.

i do not, however, like questionable business practices and people/labels/businesses who are not forthcoming about things.

you guys seem to get really touchy about this for some reason.

i like DA's releases, i ordered Sometimes, and plan on ordering Little Hell when it comes out.

i do not, however, like questionable business practices and people/labels/businesses who are not forthcoming about things.

if you'd like all sides of the story please feel free to email me to discuss this situation.. as for not being forthcoming, we were trying to find a solution that would allow everyone to be able to order a record.. something came up, we sorted it out. a message board is hardly the place for our (internal) business practices to be discussed. when we had something it would be announced.

we appreciate you supporting us fully! and honestly, email me we can discuss.

for the record:

Get a life?

for the record:

Get a life?

get a wittier retort and i might consider it!

This is all karma related, because Vagrant won't repress Alexisonfire.
Yea. I really just want "Watch Out!" on vinyl. I'm not in love with the s/t and for some reason just never got around to listening to Crisis. Watch Out! is too good though.

Watch Out! is probably my favorite AoF album.

Seriously, kudos all round, for Dine Alone, for SRC, for Vagrant, and for all of us severally confused on VC.

I don't really care exactly what happened, but it's VERY clear that something went sideways, someone between those three companies (and I honestly don't give a shit who) fucked up somewhere.

HOWEVER, it's also very clear by the responses/actions from those three companies that they made a decision to move forward with a solution that benefited THE FANS/CUSTOMERS, regardless of the impact to the individual companies.

To that, THANK YOU Dine Alone, SRC, and Vagrant!

(and yes, I'm Canadian and none of this effects me directly anyway)

for the record:

seriously, get over it. holy shit...