forgotten box of RX Bandits "The Resignation"

If this was "Progress" I'd be excited...  I just never got into this record.  I like all the other ones except for this one.  Somebody needs to repress all of their stuff though, that would be excellent.  And yes, I even like a few of the songs on "the shitty ska record", as everybody's refering to it, too.

to be fair, ETR had copies of Progress up for sale for like over a year. and judging by that release, this band isn't going to let anyone repress any of their stuff and i highly doubt they will do it themselves.

i don't think it's because the band wouldn't want to do it themselves. Matt just pressed the Biceratops record on his label. it's more that they don't own the rights to their music. they're not going to pay to license their own material and they're especially not going to give Richard Reines any more money to buy back their catalog.

i think the main reason Progress didn't sell better/faster wasn't because there was not enough demand for it. it was because the band voiced their disdain for it quite loudly, which made quite a few people refuse to buy it. when ETR first announced they were pressing Progress there was a lot of excitement, and then once the band came out and voiced their displeasure the tide immediately turned. lots of the people who were excited plus more people on the fence decided they weren't going to buy it.

i agree with everything you said. i never really assumed that they didn't want to repress their older albums, i just knew it wouldn't happen for the reasons you stated.

all i was trying to say was that people who wanted Progress had a lot of time to buy it when it was available, despite the band's disapproval of its release.