PRE-ORDERS...

I like when labels don't sell records until they're in hand ready to be sent our, like Animal Style does (and RFC has done a few times), but it obviously isn't going to happen like that 100% of the time. You all know the hassle waiting months when you spend a lot of money without updates on your order. If a label is gonna do true pre-orders at least try to give an update every few weeks or so. And if it's delayed, shit happens, I just want to know what's up. That's my two cents on pre-orders.

Anyway, I wanna know what's up at RFC. I ordered MOB, TWY, and Seahaven a few weeks ago and I want an update.

I like when labels don't sell records until they're in hand ready to be sent our, like Animal Style does (and RFC has done a few times), but it obviously isn't going to happen like that 100% of the time. You all know the hassle waiting months when you spend a lot of money without updates on your order. If a label is gonna do true pre-orders at least try to give an update every few weeks or so. And if it's delayed, shit happens, I just want to know what's up. That's my two cents on pre-orders.

Anyway, I wanna know what's up at RFC. I ordered MOB, TWY, and Seahaven a few weeks ago and I want an update.

Of course, labels need to send out updates every now and then on their PO's. Keeping paying customers in the dark is never cool or good for business. Two pre-orders I got coming in got a bit delayed and both labels sent out an update explainging the deal. I dig that.

Ya, some of these labels dropping preorders 4-6 months before the albums ship are fucking crooks, and they should be stabbed in the face. Unless it isn't their fault, I guess?

I would never jump on a 4-month ahead PO. That's just silly. A month or a few weeks on the other hand seems fair to me.

I can't really see the problem with PO's. Sure releases get delayed at times and it can be annoying, but shit happens. If I ran a label that constantly posted pre-orders for releases that always got delayed, I would think twice before posting another one.

"i don't see the problem with preorders...oh here is the problem with preorders"

I can't really see the problem with PO's. Sure releases get delayed at times and it can be annoying, but shit happens. If I ran a label that constantly posted pre-orders for releases that always got delayed, I would think twice before posting another one.

"i don't see the problem with preorders...oh here is the problem with preorders"

What I'm saying is that I don't see the PO itself as the problem. Isn't it all about the label? A lot of labels do awesome work while some just tend to fuck things up.

i agree that POs should have a statute of limitations on them. like, ye shall not put thine muse's song on teh interwebz for pre order more than two fortnight before thine sirens plan to deliver. the worst is when you have multiple preorders up with multiple labels and then both you and the label has a hard time keeping track and combining shipping. shew. next thing, we're gonna start being solicited for fan club fees for pre-pre-orders.

It only ticks me off when it's for older releases. I can understand if there's a new album cause they're getting people excited for something with a set street date a few months in advance. But something that's already been released has no build-up. So why say, "You know that album you heard a year ago? Well get your orders in cause in 3 months you can listen to it again on vinyl!!" So we're just like... okay, what should I be getting excited about for 90 days?

EDIT: Okay the other thing that bothers me about pre-orders is when the only option to pre-order is to get the SUPER DELUXE BUNDLE!!! WHICH INCLUDES A T-SHIRT YOU DON'T WANT!! A 7 INCH OF A SONG THAT'S ALREADY ON THE ALBUM!!! LITHOGRAPH OF THE COVER SIGNED BY THE BAND THAT IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE RECORD COVER ITSELF AND SERVES NO PURPOSE!!! A 7 INCH OF THE BAND MAKING JOKES ABOUT ALL THE USELESS CRAP THEY'RE TRYING TO SHILL!! ONLY $89.99!!! HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO BUY A TON OF SHIT CELEBRATING AN ALBUM YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU'LL LIKE!!