Limited Pressing launch new auction/collector site

http://www.theoldlp.com/

"It was extremely tough for us to keep this project quiet. You don't know how hard it was to answer questions about why we removed the full list of auctions, and not say that we needed to separate the two concepts of Stores and Collecting into different sites. A lot of people bad mouthed us because of the answers we gave them. We really felt terrible about that, but we had no idea how long it would take to build. We didn't want to get everyone all excited for something that could take months and months. I hope everyone can forgive us for that."

bahaha, I love that all the auctions on that site were put up by a online distro/label so far. The point to this was?

Instead of being negative how about you throw some auctions up? The ones on there now were transferred from the old site. Everyone complains about eBay and here is your chance to stop using it.

bahaha, I love that all the auctions on that site were put up by a online distro/label so far. The point to this was?

Instead of being negative how about you throw some auctions up? The ones on there now were transferred from the old site. Everyone complains about eBay and here is your chance to stop using it.

Word.

This works out well as I was thinking of listing some stuff again.

I'd rather not sell my records and I don't use ebay. Besides, I'm just in it for the negative karma.

at some point, one of these collection managers needs make use of database concepts so you can import and export as a spreadsheet. it would allow for some semblance of uniformity, as well as let you update your list in one place and just upload changed to another.

otherwise, i'm enjoying it!

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the support. Couple bugs I wanted to update everyone on.

1. Collection links from Limited Pressing should have been forwarding and for some reason they weren't(Good catch Jon^^^), but now they are. Sorry about that.

2. We had some weird bug with safari where you couldn't log in with our new multipass app. That's fixed.

And to explain multipass, it's a little app we created to allow people to log in with their LP username on multiple sites. Sort of like an Oauth system. Basically it will allow us to create new sites and still use the same log in system. One log in for all sites is extremely important for the future of LP and all LP related sites. We're also considering opening this up to other sites if they wanted to do comments or whatever. Not sure when that will happen though.

Thanks again everyone!

any plans for a simple message board, maybe just a single section? I know it didn't see much action the original time, but if it's there, it could turn into something a little more this time

I don't think an Old LP message board will happen any time soon. We're only 2 dudes, and message boards are a lot of work. And what I mean by that is, when you have a board on a site that provides a service, people are always posting about that service, and we really pride ourselves on customer service. Especially with LP. So we would feel obligated to respond to every single post that had to do with us. And probably at great length. Like how I'm doing right now ahahah. It's a total day drain. If we ever get big enough to hire a community manager, it might be a decent idea. Thanks

any plans for a simple message board, maybe just a single section? I know it didn't see much action the original time, but if it's there, it could turn into something a little more this time

I don't think an Old LP message board will happen any time soon. We're only 2 dudes, and message boards are a lot of work. And what I mean by that is, when you have a board on a site that provides a service, people are always posting about that service, and we really pride ourselves on customer service. Especially with LP. So we would feel obligated to respond to every single post that had to do with us. And probably at great length. Like how I'm doing right now ahahah. It's a total day drain. If we ever get big enough to hire a community manager, it might be a decent idea. Thanks

Valid point, didn't think of that. Bummer. Time will tell :) Thanks for all your hard work.

And to explain multipass, it's a little app we created to allow people to log in with their LP username on multiple sites.

That's bomb. That's literally exactly what I'm trying to get for a site that I run, but I'm not a developer and have no idea how to make that kind of stuff.