Converge/Dropdead Split

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I wrote the piece the way I did because I'm comfortable making fun of myself for being a wuss. In the end I did just what they were making fun of me for not doing which was ask for all the records. I hope the fb thing made people realize how shitty MB is. I was genuinely shocked. We had just ran a post advertising the Jesuit before it came out and then covered the records when it was out too.

Only Jane Doe they had at the show I was at was black.

on a side note, what were the other LP selections available from Converge? Were there any Jane Doe color LPs or was it just the black pressing?

Jane Doe was just black as reported and they had JD through ATF on vinyl. Probably all black save for the chance that a few YFM and NH colors may have been mixed in with their stock. Pretty sure ATF is on continuous run on black now as well.

on a side note, what were the other LP selections available from Converge? Were there any Jane Doe color LPs or was it just the black pressing?

Jane Doe was just black as reported and they had JD through ATF on vinyl. Probably all black save for the chance that a few YFM and NH colors may have been mixed in with their stock. Pretty sure ATF is on continuous run on black now as well.

I'm a stupid ass. I was about to say "why the hell did they have Around the Fur?" Derp! Axe to Fall slipped my mind for a quick second there. I guess I got Deftones on the brain as I've been listening to White Pony at work today.

is this 7" going to make it to the DW store ever or is this strictly going to be tour only with slight chance of tour leftovers being the only copies sold online?
Vinyl specifics:

There are X amount of wild colors available from each band...

There are X amount that will be available thru the DW Estore/DW Direct on a specific color.

There are X amount that will be available thru Armageddon Distro on a different specific color.

Hope that helps some of your out for now...

Thanks.

-J.

I'm a stupid ass. I was about to say "why the hell did they have Around the Fur?" Derp! Axe to Fall slipped my mind for a quick second there. I guess I got Deftones on the brain as I've been listening to White Pony at work today.

yeah, i thought Around The Fur too, and i was blanking on the name of the last Converge album. oh boy. A2F, come on. better abbreviations, McPherson!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, abbreviations be repeatin' y'all. You gotta think of them in respect to the thread's relevancy.

To be fair, as I was typing "ATF" I was actually wondering if I was making a mistake and name checking Around The Fur before I took a second to realize that they simply have the same acronym. So I got me with it too. Don't sweat it. ;)

But in general response to both of you: lolzycats.

is this 7" going to make it to the DW store ever or is this strictly going to be tour only with slight chance of tour leftovers being the only copies sold online?
Vinyl specifics:

There are X amount of wild colors available from each band...

There are X amount that will be available thru the DW Estore/DW Direct on a specific color.

There are X amount that will be available thru Armageddon Distro on a different specific color.

Hope that helps some of your out for now...

Thanks.

-J.

duh. i knew i saw this but dammit, i want it NOW. put that shit up! :D

also, sorta bummer the online sales will be just a specific color. i was hoping for a wild color. oh well, just happy to get a copy at all.

You know, Converge played "Runaway" at the show on Monday and I listened to the single when I got home but my ears were so blown that I could barely even hear it. Anyway, the point is, I can't even remember what it sounds like let alone whether or not it was supposed to be a 45. But I think it was.

Thanks guys, I wrote the piece the way I did because I'm comfortable making fun of myself for being a wuss. In the end I did just what they were making fun of me for not doing which was ask for all the records. I hope the fb thing made people realize how shitty MB is. I was genuinely shocked. We had just ran a post advertising the Jesuit before it came out and then covered the records when it was out too.

Only Jane Doe they had at the show I was at was black.

Like I said before, I hope you didn't take offense by me posting the link here. I just wanted the board to see how much of a prick that dude from MB was. I guess he doesn't represent the entire company but what was said uncalled for.

I'm glad you posted it.

I want everyone to see it at this point.

Like I said before, I hope you didn't take offense by me posting the link here. I just wanted the board to see how much of a prick that dude from MB was. I guess he doesn't represent the entire company but what was said uncalled for.

I'm glad you posted it.

i don't think he was making fun of you as much as your post. but you felt the need to defend yourself which set you up for baiting. you come off like a naive collector nerd. which is what people make fun of all the time. especially name dropping vc. that's like going to your local mcdonalds and saying you know the general manager of marketing. no one cares.

we're all nerds in some fashion for something, but rather than clowning on yourself for that silly display of logic, you felt the need to defend yourself, which opened you up for more crass ribbing.

not trying to shit on you. just stating the obvious.

I'm glad you posted it.

i don't think he was making fun of you as much as your post. but you felt the need to defend yourself which set you up for baiting. you come off like a naive collector nerd. which is what people make fun of all the time. especially name dropping vc. that's like going to your local mcdonalds and saying you know the general manager of marketing. no one cares.

we're all nerds in some fashion for something, but rather than clowning on yourself for that silly display of logic, you felt the need to defend yourself, which opened you up for more crass ribbing.

not trying to shit on you. just stating the obvious.

It's funny that people only want to read the words that help them continue being judgmental pricks.

As far as being a vinyl nerd, I'm 34 years old and I didn't actively start buying vinyl till a year ago. I could care less about variants and even in that story I only buy two records, one for me and one for a friend.

As far as being shy or timid, it was solely because I thought the merch guy would think I was a flipper and not sell me the records. I had already promised Josh and Juan I'd get them records and I actually care about helping my friends.

I could give a fuck less about VC or even writing about vinyl in general. I only started writing for the blog to up the content and I only joined here to keep up with releases, plus Josh and Juan were members here.

I'm a grown ass man... I could care less about what some cunt on the internet thinks but it burns my ass when it's someone I've supported for years.

The dude from MB still came off like a total dick regardless. I mean, he has the right to his opinion but he made himself look like an even bigger loser with the whole machismo thing than the blog writer ever could with a thousand similar posts. Unless the MB guy was trying to be ironic, which it doesn't seem like he was, it was a bad move. It was particularly stupid to post it under the login for a business. If he felt that way he should have done it under a personal account. Now, he has definitely tarnished the name of that label (if only to a small degree) by being incredibly immature.