Converge/Dropdead Split

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get it.

1. brent makes thread on facebook about naivety of new jack record collector (with good intentions) tumbler.

2. said thacriddler gets butt hurt and goes on the defense trying to explain himself

3. others chime in and talk shit on facebook about thacriddler

4. few vc'rs agree with thacriddler on vc. others eat popcorn and watch unfold.

5. allison posts "I don't get it"

6. i am eating a banana.

that pretty much brings you up to speed.

***some exaggerations may apply. for added effect/humor.

so...same old same old?

i don't get why the dude was writing about it on the internet in such depth.

i hope your banana was DELISH.

COOL STORY, BRO. this thread needs more jersey shore gifs.

same shit that's happened to everyone at least once or twice on here. thacriddler, it happens to all of us from time. i only tease. we've all been made fun of for something on here by others at one point on here. i get shit on for liking justin timberlake or the fact that i'm a sex and the city fan, and i don't care who knows.

i'm a Samantha by the way.. :P

You know, Converge played "Runaway" at the show on Monday and I listened to the single when I got home but my ears were so blown that I could barely even hear it. Anyway, the point is, I can't even remember what it sounds like let alone whether or not it was supposed to be a 45. But I think it was.

Yes, this plays at 45 rpm. Though if you want to get REAL heavy, 33 rpm is the way to go; sounds pretty nasty slowed down.

I don't see the need to but I guess I have to...and obviously before knowing that they will on the e-store later...I had Nick pick up 4 for me...3 of which are going to 3 different people that asked me to do them the favor of getting them since I had an opportunity to. And I thank Nick for that.

/Cool story bro...

Thanks to everyone who came out to see Converge on our recent U.S. Tour.

Unfortunately on our day drive from St. Louis to Austin, one of our members had a serious health scare. We rushed him to the nearest ER were he was looked at by some fine Oklahoma doctors. After a night's stay in the hospital and a battery of tests we were able to have him discharged earlier today. We are now racing (quite literally) to make it to our show at Chaos In Tejas, albeit extremely late, to play an abbreviated set. Wish us luck...

Because of this health issue, we are canceling the remaining few shows of this current U.S. tour so he can get home and get some medical attention asap. To those in Little Rock, Nashville, and Raleigh, we will add you to our list of places for make up shows later down the road.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support, it is appreciated by all of us.

06/02: Austin, TX @ Chaos in Tejas w/ Trap Them, Burning Love, Touche Amore, Title Fight, and more

06/10: Interlaken, Switzerland @ Greenfield Festival w/ Foo Fighters, Social Distortion, Frank Turner, and more

06/11: Brescia, Italy @ LattePiu

06/12: Franconville, France @ Furia Festival w/ Apocalyptica, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, and more

06/13: Koln, Germany @ Underground w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more

06/14: London, UK @ O2 Academy Islington w/ Pettybone, 33, and more

06/15: Antwerpen, Belgium @ Trix w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more

06/16: Eindhoven, Holland @ Dynamo w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more

06/17: Scheeßel, Germany @ Hurricane Festival w/ Foo Fighters, Portishead, Arcade Fire, and more

06/18: Clisson, France @ Hellfest w/ Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, Coroner, Bolt Thrower, Bad Brains, The Haunted, and more

06/19: Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany @ Southside Festival w/ Foo Fighters, Portishead, Band Of Horses, and more

06/20: Reykjavik, Iceland @ Faktory Bar

08/19: Richmond, VA @ Canal Club Best Friends Fest w/ Pg. 99, C.O.C., Baroness, and more

Converge just posted this

there was no merch tonight so i've been told. the just hit it and quit it. understandable given the circumstances. hope they make it home safe and said member gets the medical attention needed.

I just got back from Chaos In Tejas last night and am catching up on the message boards.

Converge most definitely had merch there. I picked up four copies of the Drop Dead split and the 20th Anniversary t-shirt (which is amazing looking by the way). I will get around to posting pictures on my blog at some point.

They played about 40 minutes with an urgency and fury I have never seen from them before. It was killer. Seeing Converge play outdoors in a small confined setting with a breeze on your face is just about heaven.

It was Nate who was sick. Not that would know it from watching him play. He raged.

That is all.