the Music On Vinyl label

I looked around but didn't find a thread on this:

Music on Vinyl is a vinyl only record label that releases high quality 180g LP and 7" vinyl pressings of titles licensed from a wide range of record companies and artists who control their own repertoire.

These will be both re-issues of classic titles, or a simultaneous vinyl release to compliment a CD/DVD release. These will all be marketed under the Music on Vinyl brand, which vinyl lovers worldwide recognize as a trusted name providing a superb LP vinyl product.

I just ordered Eddie Vedder's "Into the Wild" and Ron Sexsmith's "Long Player Late Bloomer" to check out the quality of these re-issues. Found them dirt cheap through a Swedish webstore.

Releases include Alice In Chains, Audioslave, Iggy & the Stooges, Rage Against the Machine, Opeth, Manic Street Preachers, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan etc. All seem to be on 180g vinyl and some with gatefold packaging.

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/

I have no proof but I did read a rumour that all their releases are digital remasters

From the "About Us" section:

"As for our sources; We are provided with the best possible (analogue) masters available. On top of that, our sound engineer has over 35 years of experience in cutting and mastering records for (major) labels."

I think if they did remastering they'd tout that all over the place, "Newly remastered from the original tapes" etc etc

Picked them up at this site called Ginza. They usually carry a bunch of shit but every now and then you can get some good stuff. They're getting the records in stock on may 16th. They're 35 SEK which equals about $5.50 + shipping.

Links:

Vedder: http://ginza.se/Product/Product.aspx?Identifier=115979

Sexsmith: http://ginza.se/Product/Product.aspx?Identifier=115973

Music On Vinyl is Dutch label, the records are pressed in The Netherlands. The sound amazing, often thick vinyl, I am guessing 150 grams, could be 180 grams. I never weighed them.

Even here in the Netherlands, the prices are pretty hefty, but I think it is worth the extra bucks if it is a good record that I want. I am not easily tempting picking up less interesting records, due to the price.

Seeing the US import prices, I understand they are too expensive. So hope for a good distribution channel. But realize this is always the case in Europe, we pay crazy prices too for import records.

Those RATM records sound great on vinyl.

They're 35 SEK which equals about $5.50 + shipping.

Links:

Vedder: http://ginza.se/Product/Product.aspx?Identifier=115979

You've ordered from these guys before? I can't believe that price is right, but am tempted to order the Vedder if they're legit.

Ginza is a household name in Sweden. All Swedes know of it and probably have ordered once or twice. I ordered vinyl twice from them I think. They usually ship the day after if it's in stock.

These particular records are extremely cheap and I had my suspicions about it being incorrect. But, they confirmed my order yesterday. I'll keep you posted.

Either way. Ginza is legit.

they've been reissuing MAnic Street Preachers albums on vinyl lately. They've already done Know Your enemy and Forever Delayed (the latter has gone for shitloads for OG copies). Everything Must Go is due up next, I think and I think they've just released This is My Truth Tell Me Yours.

This adds up to me loving this fucking reissue label. For real, guys. YOu have no idea.

I can't wait for the black vinyl reissue of The Holy Bible. Just my favorite album on vinyl, and it's not a picture disc...