PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

he's catching a ton of shit over on absolutepunk now too. awesome. but of course dumbasses are still shelling out $30 for this. his true colors are starting to show too, as he's getting pretty defensive towards people's criticism and is on the verge of attacking people who call him out. one fo the golden rules, if you do things the right way there is never a need to defend yourself.

I post over on AP.net under "starsonstrings". I've asked a couple questions and received answers from both guys running this label. Seems like a good cop/bad cop deal. One guy is patient and tries to provide answers and apologies. While the other is very short. When I tried to clarify the test press issue that's come up they just dismiss it as "we've got the best team working on this". Okay, cool. But that doesn't mean issues won't arise. And then some genius said:

Shipping delays/errors are a part of ordering from any small distribution company or record label, AS WELL AS big record labels. Stop complaining about what MIGHT happen.

I give up. Atleast I have plenty of other records to listen to until these hopefully show up.

the douchebag who runs this label had the thread over on absolutepunk closed and removed from their newsfeed. the thread over there has pretty much been wiped from the site all together it seems. i bookmarked the thread to watch the backlash and his abrasiveness but it links to a blank page and says this thread no longer exists.

^idk he doesn't seem like a douchebag to me at all. They answered everyones questions and concerns in detail. They haven't fucked up anything YET. And until they do I'll reserve my opinion of the guy/label

he answered everything with "i can do whatever i want just because." and he HAS screwed up already. multiple people still havent received their records from his first preorder and then he proceeds to ignore their emails asking about it.

^idk he doesn't seem like a douchebag to me at all. They answered everyones questions and concerns in detail. They haven't fucked up anything YET. And until they do I'll reserve my opinion of the guy/label

but...he put up pre-orders prior to even hearing the test presses...

I have to agree with the OG poster on that detail. That's fucking up if I've ever seen it.

He hasn't even approved the test presses yet and already put up a preorder. Unbelievable.

"Probably, just waiting to get my hands on them. RT @brianstowell: @americandrmrecs Any plans to run a test press contest for this release?"

http://twitter.com/#!/americandrmrecs/status/65922717056118784

Wow. That's just... Wow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i actually started crying i was laughing so hard at the idiot who is putting out those Gatsbys records. his idea of something special is custom painting the plain white jackets he got for the dozens of test pressings he ordered. and by painting he means just dripping blue and pink paint on the jacket, or making two horizontal puddles and then letting the paint run down the jacket, or making giant gobs of paint in the middle or taking a brush and making swirl patterns. i can make a better painting after eating Chipotle, Taco Bell and White Castle all in one meal.