PO: Portugal The Man In The Mountain, In The Cloud

Just got mine today (ordered the Premium Pack) and it's missing the Field Journal Set. This happen to anyone else? Not even sure what it is but I know it wasn't included in the box. Bummer. I don't even know who to contact about this. Top Spin? Audiolife? The band? Too many people involved with the dang pre-order!

on your order invoice there is a website that you can go to and email top spin with any problems you had with your purchase thats what I did when i got my record and it was more warped than warped tour I haven't heard back from them yet but its only been like 2 days.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine today (ordered the Premium Pack) and it's missing the Field Journal Set. This happen to anyone else? Not even sure what it is but I know it wasn't included in the box. Bummer. I don't even know who to contact about this. Top Spin? Audiolife? The band? Too many people involved with the dang pre-order!

on your order invoice there is a website that you can go to and email top spin with any problems you had with your purchase thats what I did when i got my record and it was more warped than warped tour I haven't heard back from them yet but its only been like 2 days.

Hey, thanks! I did just that and they actually responded in about 2 hours time. But they only responded saying they will forward my message to the fulfillment department. And who knows how long they'll sit on it. We'll see.

By the way, when I contacted Top Spin regarding the warped MMJ vinyl, they never responded. I then contacted ATO and they responded about a week later indicating a resolution would be forthcoming. The situation was kept all "hush, hush" until ATO finally issued a press release addressing the situation. Replacement vinyl was received about three weeks after I received the original shipment.

Got my order from amazon today but it didn't come with a download card. It's kind of disappointing, I don't remember the last new release I bought that didn't have an instant download card. But I guess that may have been an incentive to buy directly from ptm's merch store or whatever. Oh well, I'll find a decent quality download soon enough.

No d/l card in the Amazon one for me either. It is on white vinyl, however. Also can't complain that shipping was free and I got it for like $14

None come with dl card. If purchased through their website (topspin) your email receipt includes the link and passcode for digital copy (320kbps).

So now that some people have had a chance to spin the vinyl, what are your thoughts on the vinyl pressing for In The Moutain, as well as the music?

I think the vinyl sounds pretty darn good...HOWEVER, I'm not impressed with the music. It sounds like typical Portugal. The Man. Like they're treading water artistically. The only song that really sticks out to me yet is "Sleep Forever." It's disappointing because I've loved every album by them so far almost immediately, even American Ghetto, so it's disappointing to have this initial reaction. I don't dislike it by any means and it beats the shit out of any mainstream garbage, but I just don't feel like it's their "best album yet" like Gourley is saying.

Your thoughts?

not their best but i'd say it's their most cohesive since church mouth. I think they concentrated too much on expanding their writing with censored/satanic. and people tend to discredit american ghetto because it's just pretty much john. but as i've said in the past that is how ptm very first started out pre-waiter was john & some beats.