Glassjaw Coloring Book EP

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boo hoo. poor Glassjaw. like the labels never did anything for a band who has only released 5 singles and an EP in the last 10 years and still remained relevant. I wish they'd stop crying about how these 2 labels did everything for them and it wasn't good enough. I did promo on BOTH albums and you don't hear me complaining about not getting paid for it. I saw them a few times for free, works for me.

they should just put up or shut up. they're lucky to have diehard fans with all their bs. I get it, they're an independent band on their own schedule. it's so hard to be a popular indie band these days!

I hope Warner puts out the El Mark EP as a double 7" for RSD 2012. Convectuoso/El Mark and The Number No Good Things Could Come Of/Oxycodone! make it happen for more Glassjaw displeasure, Warner!

oh, I know. but Glassjaw still whine about labels wanting to putting out vinyl for their albums 10 years later. cash in for the labels that put them on the map. they should lick Ross Robinson's asshole for all the pioneering he did for the band. he brought them to Warner/I Am Recordings for W&T.

just voicing my whiny 2 cents. I just think further Warner "exploitation" would be welcomed by the vinyl community at large. Glassjaw should just release their entire catalog on vinyl. I'd buy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Impossible Shot and the original Our Color Green on vinyl. hell, I would hope they'd somehow make the Monster Zero/Don Fury demos possible on vinyl too. I'll take it all.

boo hoo. poor Glassjaw. like the labels never did anything for a band who has only released 5 singles and an EP in the last 10 years and still remained relevant. I wish they'd stop crying about how these 2 labels did everything for them and it wasn't good enough. I did promo on BOTH albums and you don't hear me complaining about not getting paid for it. I saw them a few times for free, works for me.

they should just put up or shut up. they're lucky to have diehard fans with all their bs. I get it, they're an independent band on their own schedule. it's so hard to be a popular indie band these days!

I hope Warner puts out the El Mark EP as a double 7" for RSD 2012. Convectuoso/El Mark and The Number No Good Things Could Come Of/Oxycodone! make it happen for more Glassjaw displeasure, Warner!

I can get behind this entire post

oh, I know. but Glassjaw still whine about labels wanting to putting out vinyl for their albums 10 years later. cash in for the labels that put them on the map. they should lick Ross Robinson's asshole for all the pioneering he did for the band. he brought them to Warner/I Am Recordings for W&T.

just voicing my whiny 2 cents. I just think further Warner "exploitation" would be welcomed by the vinyl community at large. Glassjaw should just release their entire catalog on vinyl. I'd buy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Impossible Shot and the original Our Color Green on vinyl. hell, I would hope they'd somehow make the Monster Zero/Don Fury demos possible on vinyl too. I'll take it all.

+2 for both posts. I for one do not know a lot about the music industry but I bet a lot of popular bands out there forget really how they got where they are/were. Some truly believe it was just the band members and their amazing selfs, idk my uneducated (to this matter) two cents.

+2 for both posts. I for one do not know a lot about the music industry but I bet a lot of popular bands out there forget really how they got where they are/were. Some truly believe it was just the band members and their amazing selfs, idk my uneducated (to this matter) two cents.

You're definitely giving the 'industry' far to much credit. 98% of the things A&R, publishers, and managers tell you is utter bullshit and bands are responsible for making their own shit happen. It's not at all like Entourage, I assure you.

Not a rebuttal or anything but I honestly don't know minus a minor Texas touring band back in college. If I took a guess it would be give and take on both ends and I'm willing to bet that a lot of scenarios are different and a lot the same. By give and take I mean that for a lot of bands they give a lot and work their ass off to get where they are and others help open doors and opportunities. I'm sure there are others which had everything handed to them and they barely did shit besides playing the music to get where they were. Some are driven by hardwork and love while others may have had the doors open right from the beginning.

Now in regards to Glassjaw I have no idea. Never been one to know (my memory is horrible) all the bands history and members and labels and years etc, even for my favorite bands. I have a friend who just knows all that stuff, breathes and lives music. I'm embarrassed when I don't know things about my favorite albums, couldnt tell you the songs on give up by the postal service but listened to it at least 500 times in my life.

Anyway I will be the first to admit there is a lot of shit in the industry I'm clueless about.