Opinion on Variant Collectors.

this is just making me try to think of "what are the different types of record collectors?"

-the "I don't care, I just want it on vinyl" collector (perhaps the "economist", because they'd probably just buy the cheapest option...?)

-the audiophile (e.g., 180 gram trumps color/rarity)

-the "artwork matcher"

-the rarity collector

-the "one to listen to, one to look pretty" collector

-the completest

-the flipper

I'm not claiming that this is an exhaustive list (and obviously just because you have every variant of RAR doesn't mean you have every variant of every other record, but you get the idea), but these seem like the big ones, right?

not a bad list, and time better spent than doing homework  ;)

in other collectible arenas, especially the toy fads, where the person buys up all the tickle-me elmos, they call these flippers, "spoilers" (for depriving the li'l kids).  Spay or neuter them, too, I say  ;)

edit: +2 for a Monday with no brain left to post on a beat dead horse topic

but you're just straight up discounting hobbyists as if they're buying those fisher price 7"s. "you guys my friend has a bunch of this album i really want. and he spent way more on them then i'd be willing to... why won't he GIVE me one?!?!?"

i have 8 copies of devil & god. you can't have any. i'll sell you one for $30 though.

Pm'd you on that offer.