I Would Like Finch: Say Hello To Sunshine On Vinyl

A vinyl pressing for this done by any independent type of label or congregation of people would be terribly unfeasible. Because it was originally put out by a major, the quantity that would have to be pressed to get the licensing would be astronomical for a non-major corporation level label. Also, the album obviously didn't perform super well which is a shame because it has balls and totally slays unlike a lot of terribleness that's out there. Basically, its too risky for anyone other than the original label. Its just one of those potential vinyl releases that is in a limbo that no one is brave enough to attempt to rescue it from.

I was hoping with the re-release of WIITB, the band might feel confident enough to try to bring this to light also.

And I didn't bump the thread from obscurity. I just replied to the bump to show that I still support this idea.

If asbestos can press all killer no filler (which came out on a major) then this is feasible for a smaller label. If you get a collective of people that want this done it can get done easy. People need to stop complaining about it not being on vinyl, get together and get it done.

I don't know what the terms were of the AKNF press but someone here looked into SHTS and it turned out they would need to press something like 1500 to 2000 if I remember correctly and that's very risky especially for an album that alienated the band's pre-existing fan base and overall sold considerably less than the band's previous album. I don't think AKNF had those same issues, at least not the huge backlash by fans.

I'm not saying that someone couldn't press it. I'm just saying it looks like it would be a huge loss and nobody wants to take that risk.

What about that thing that gotta groove records is doing? I didn't read anything about it just saw something brief so I may be talking outa my ass but I don't see why it couldn't get done.

Yeah that's a great idea. Also labels typically charge per unit produced so you could probably figure out a way to get it done and no lose your shirt

i've been listening to say hello a lot recently and i have to say its a damn fine album. I was one of those fans who loved what it is to burn and hated sunshine when it first came out, but it has grown on me. I actually wish i could have gotten into the album more so when it came out, but it wasn't the right time for me. I have to say though, they weren't the greatest live and im hoping they do well next month. If someone presses sunshine, ill definitely purchase it. 

I'm building on the momentum of people's interest aside from myself :-)

I'm going to bother Randy or someone in Finch at the show on the 8th about it.  I don't even need the vinyl, I want those damn Pro Tools master files that this dude has.... Sound quality is kinda ruined on the CD.

• 2 weeks later...